We are seeking to fill several Executive Assistants positions at the APS Level 4 and APS Level 5 to provide high level executive support and administrative co-ordination and assistance to Senior Executive Service (SES) officers and divisional staff.
Your important duties:
Providing high level client focussed support to your SES and internal and external stakeholders you will:
- manage, coordinate and prioritise the workflow of the office to ensure priorities and deadlines are met including diary management, email and telephone enquiries, routine correspondence including emails.
- organise meetings and events including collation of papers, arranging travel and accommodation, logistical support, venue hire, and catering as required.
- provide secretariat support including agendas and meeting minutes and maintain information resources e.g. procedures, processes, documents and planning tools within your work area to foster and support the division’s goals and objectives.
- handle sensitive information, maintain confidentiality and model ethical behaviour and practices consistent with the APS Code of Conduct and APS Values.
- undertake procurement, accounts processing, support project and research work or analysis and undertake other administration and coordination tasks as required, and
- manage records and use systems including Microsoft Office, PDMS, Tech1 and other tools and share information and knowledge across the Executive Assistant network.
At the APS4 level you will manage the office and diaries of at least one SES Band 1.
At the APS5 level you will manage the office and diary of an SES Band 2 (or equivalent), mentor and support new and junior staff members, and assist Senior Executive Assistants when required.
To be our ideal candidate you will:
- have initiative, a can-do, positive attitude and would describe yourself as a person who can balance multiple competing priorities, meet timeframes and perform in a high-pressure environment with limited direction.
- be highly organised and an adept multi-tasker who can triage and reprioritise tasks.
- have initiative, judgement and discretion and can add value, recognise issues and anticipate and respond to the needs of the SES Officer/s you are working with.
- be highly approachable and a relationship builder who can negotiate confidently with a range of key internal and external stakeholders.
- have excellent verbal, written communication and inter-personal skills.
- be confident meeting timeframes and managing your own workflow.
Desirable Qualifications / Experience:
At the APS4 Level you will have a minimum two years’ experience as an Executive Assistant or have transferable skills from working in a similar support role.
APS5 Level you will have a minimum three to five years’ experience as an Executive Assistant or have transferable skills from working in a similar support role.
A qualification in a relevant field (for example, Office Administration or Business Management) would be an advantage.