Job descriptionAdministrative Service Officer 6 - Central Health Intake Administration Manager ( Job Number: 024RZ ) Description
Canberra Health Services
Ambulatory Care Support Services – Central Health Intake
Cancer and Ambulatory Support
Central Health Intake Administration Manager
Administrative Services Officer Class 6
Six months with the possibility of extension and/or permanency.
The Canberra Hospital, Garran ACT
Base Annual Salary
$91,315 - $104,509
Rebecca Millar (02) 6207 4708 [email protected]
23 August 2022
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
POSITION OVERVIEWCanberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person-centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary, and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding region. More information can be found on the CHS website: www.canberrahealthservices.act.gov.au
The Division of Cancer, Ambulatory Support (CAS) provides a comprehensive range of cancer screening, assessment, diagnostic and treatment services and palliative care through inpatient, outpatient and community settings. This Division is also responsible for the support functions for ambulatory and community health including the Central Health Intake team, Central Outpatients, Transcription and the Walk in Centres
The Central Health Intake team provides a call centre, referral receipt and management and outpatient bookings services. It is a busy and dynamic service supporting over 100 clinical services, handling 20,000 calls and 3,000 referrals per month. A team of nurses and administrative staff provide a two-tiered approach to the management of referrals, screening and booking.
The Administration Manager will work collaboratively with the CHI Operations Manager, and CHI Clinical Nurse Consultant in ensuring the delivery of integrated efficient intake services. The Administration manager will ensure the administration team provides high value administrative support in the management of referrals, phone calls and other administrative duties and provides strategic leadership. The administration manager works collaboratively and is responsible for day to day management of the team and ensuring a proactive approach to establish and maintain relationships in the health care environment, including allied health, medical, nursing, administrative and consumers.
Under limited direction of the Operations Manager, you will perform administrative support, human resource management and strategic leadership for the Central Health Intake administrative team. You will:
- Support the Central Health Intake Operations Manager to provide human resources management inclusive of:
- Full Time Equivalent (FTE) management
- Recruitment processes.
- Maintenance of staff files including timesheets, leave forms and medical certificates.
- Provide high quality service delivery through development of all administration staff through provision of extensive knowledge, opportunities and equipment where necessary.
- Liaise with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure Central Health Intake’s services are efficiently funded for and processes are streamlined.
- Be responsible for the processing of financial management functions in line with operational requirements for the team including
- Processing invoices
- Requisitions and purchasing, including ordering of stationery
- Roster management
- Manage and develop new policies, procedures, and guidelines for service and program information for all teams.
- Manage and provide specialised reports on the functionality of the call centre and delivery of service including KPIs.
- Monitor and provide technical support for various electronic and information systems.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to this level of classification which contribute to the operation of the organisation.
ABOUT YOUCHS is committed to workforce diversity and to creating an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, we welcome applications from all diversity groups. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability and people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, or Questioning (LGBTIQ) are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to maintain effective relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage and prioritise competing issues.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal, with the ability to drive collaboration in the health care environment.
- Relevant secondary and tertiary qualifications and a minimum of 12 months experience working professionally in Administrative Support Management/Leadership role is preferred.
- CHS is leading the drive to digitally transform health service delivery in Australia through the implementation of a territory wide Digital Health Record. Computer literacy skills are required which are relevant to this role as you will be responsible for completing required documentation and becoming a proficient user of the Digital Health Record and/or other Information Technology systems; once proficient, you will need to remain current with changes, updates and contingencies.
- Have an understanding of how the National Standards and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) indicators align with this role.
- Fulfil the responsibilities of this role as detailed in the CHS Exceptional Care Framework, Clinical Governance Framework, Partnering With Consumers Framework and all other related frameworks.
Note: This is a temporary position available for six months with the possibility of extension and/or permanency.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
- Obtain a Compliance Certificate from OMU (Occupational Medicine Unit) relating to assessment, screening, and vaccination processes against specified infectious diseases.
WHAT YOU REQUIRE
These are the key selection criteria for how you will be assessed in conjunction with your resumé and experience:
- High level written and oral communication skills, with stakeholder engagement, and accuracy of written documentation.
- Demonstrated ability in human resource management and leadership skills to provide high quality service delivery.
- Proficiency in the use of ICT skills and programs ranging across call centre specific programs (e.g. MS Office) and health based programs (e.g. ACTPAS, Clinical Portal etc)
- Extensive knowledge of contact centre and call handling parameters with the ability to provide analytical and conceptual skills.
- Ability to monitor workloads and determine priorities to meet deadlines. Using initiative to work effectively both autonomously, within a team and with a varied group of stakeholders including medical, nursing, allied health and administrative support.
- Demonstrates understanding of, and adherence to, safety and quality standards, work, health and safety (WH&S) and the positive patient experience. Displays behaviour consistent with CHS’s values of reliable, progressive, respectful and kind.
HOW TO APPLY / OR WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Applications must be submitted through the e-recruitment system. Applications must include a copy of a current resumé, and
- A response to the selection criteria under “What You Require”.
Where possible include specific relevant examples of your work.
CHS Contact: Rebecca Millar (02) 6207 4708 [email protected]
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Ballarat Health Services Australia $25.97 an hour 24 days ago
Karitane Carramar NSW 16 days ago
Queensland Corrective Services Brisbane QLD 14 days ago
Mater Health South Brisbane QLD $55.48 - $59.67 an hour 30+ days ago
Austin Health Melbourne VIC 2 days ago
Little Kookas Kingsthorpe Childcare Centre Kingsthorpe QLD 4400 $23.33 - $36.68 an hour 30+ days ago
Southern NSW Local Health District Sydney Western Suburbs NSW $25.65 an hour 11 days ago
Melbourne Water Melbourne VIC 6 days ago
Norwest Private Hospital Sydney NSW 10 days ago
City of Boroondara Camberwell NSW $103,015 - $115,032 a year 10 days ago