Are you an Assistant Colourist interested in working with us on our Animated Feature? The Assistant Colourist will be responsible for the preparation of materials for the Colourist to facilitate the execution of the colour grading of the film.
What you'll get to do:
- Execute balance grades
- Do comp fixes like paint outs, sky replacements and lens effects
- Build and maintain the grade stack including grade mattes, keys and shapes
- Execute match grades to key shots set by the Colourist
- Liaise between DI and the Editorial department
- Assist with Editorial tasks
- Maintain edits
- Quality control of edits
- Responsible for QC of all assets leaving the department
What you bring:
- Experience as a DI Editor, DI Assistant or Online Editor
- Experience in animated TV and/or features or VFX films
- Working knowledge and experience using Baselight
- Experience with HDR workflows
- Experience with Dolby Vision tools and IMF creation
- Working knowledge of editorial software such as AVID
- Experience working with multi-layer EXRs and stereo workflows
- Experience as a Junior Colourist is a plus
- Experience with ACES colour workflow is a plus
- Ability to work independently and show initiative
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong communication skills and the ability to efficiently organize and prioritize work across multiple areas
- Proven ability to work collaboratively within a team environment and build relationships across departments
- Strong technical and visual skills
What you'll need to include on your application:
- Credit list of previous work
- Showreel if available
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio!
- A central location in sunny Sydney, minutes from the CBD and famous Bondi Beach
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
- A generous leave policy including paid annual leave, sick days, as well as 'Volunteer' days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including superannuation (retirement fund), employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for, then we want to hear from you. Submit your application below!