-Safe. Smart. Sustainable. Probably not the first words you typically associate with mining. But Anglo American is not your typical mining company.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives", delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible – from mobile phones to medicines.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others' actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
Here’s an exciting opportunity to join us and help make a real difference.
-Reporting to the Operational Risk & Assurance Manager, the Assurance Specialist will support and advise the line organisation in executing self-assurance against standards, procedures, regulations and supporting external audits. This is a full-time permanent position based in our Brisbane Corporate Office with frequent travel to site operations.
The role will be rewarding and varied and will involve the following:
- Support implementation of the 3 Layer Risk & Assurance Governance Process.
- Act as a central point of contact for site-based Assurance specialists.
- Provide input on effective corrective actions needed to mitigate issues identified in audits.
- Provide coaching on best ways to carry out audits/assurance and identify improvement opportunities.
- Implement & manage an integrated Layer 1 assurance program.
- Advise on and support site assurance activities.
- Determine if there are high-level safety and health risks that the site / operation has not identified, that are emerging or are not appropriately addressed.
- Conduct Layer 1 assurance on specific high-level risk activities.
- Conduct Layer 1 Assurance for key safety & health metrics
- Conduct Layer 1 Assurance for key safety and health systems and processes
- Deliver high quality risk and assurance reports for senior management
- Contribute to a purpose-led, high-performing culture within the site safety function that is aligned with the company values, is inclusive and promotes diversity.
-Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Strong knowledge of Safety & Health risks.
- Demonstrated experience in an assurance position within a technical environment, including the coordination of knowledge sharing with broader stakeholders.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to influence at all levels.
- Demonstrated experience working in an assurance position at a project, operation or business unit level in mining or oil and gas industry.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be able to work effectively and collaboratively in teams to achieve collective outcomes.
- Additional Information
-Full-time permanent position
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Excellent career progression opportunities
What we Offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity, and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Anglo American, we embrace change and promote an inclusive and diverse environment where you can bring your whole self to work, every day. We are adopting new approaches to recruitment, talent development, mentoring, parental leave, and flexible working to further support diversity across our business.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
1 SEPTEMBER 2022
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to closing date – applications may also close before this date.