What is the focus of the role?
Under the guidance of the BOC Team Leader, the BOC Senior Operator will be responsible for the operational activity in relation to the Telstra Broadcast Services platforms and will be the primary point of contact on their rostered shift.
The BOC Senior Operator will be the shift senior for the team of Master Control personnel to ensure day-to-day operations of the facility. The role is responsible for any emerging and continuing issues in order to formulate plans of action to prevent or minimise any impact to Telstra Broadcast Services customer.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee the MCR Operators with regards to the monitoring and adjustment of incoming video, audio and data streams according to the Telstra Broadcast Services processes.
- Provide 1st line of Incident Management for events supported by Telstra Broadcast Services.
- Provide issue escalation to the Head of Operations and other executives of the Telstra Broadcast Services Australia management team as required.
- Drive a customer service mentality and attitude in the Master Control Room.
- Guide the MCR Operators to ensure best practice is followed across the support of all TBS platforms.
- Liaise with other BOC Senior Operators to conform with TBS best practice and ensure consistent messaging on process is maintained across the team.
- Provide operational support to other technical areas within the greater TBS business and Telstra.
- Oversee routine monitoring of transmission systems and ancillary equipment.
- Incident, Problem and Change Management using ServiceNow and approved Telstra Service Management Tools.
- Conforming to day to day scheduling workflow using the appropriate tools e.g. ScheduAll, Emails, Telstra systems.
- Escalation and reporting of incidents and issues to the relevant stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Maintaining a cohesive and harmonious work environment with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure a high level of quality control is maintained across the TBS MCR Environment and TBS platforms.
- Prepare reporting of a technical nature of tasks or assignments as directed.
To be successful in this role, you’ll have:
- 5+ years’ experience in a range of Broadcast disciplines, an operational background is essential.
- Overall understanding of a 24-hour broadcast environment with both “Live” and Non-Live events.
- Proven experience co-ordinating and troubleshooting for live events.
- An overall knowledge and understanding of topics such as fibre, networking, satellite teleport, storage, playout and broadcast technologies is essential.
- A high level of diagnostic skills on complex television equipment and instruments
- Independently produces reports of a technical nature on tasks or assignments when directed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A sound knowledge of broadcast and transmission workflows and keen desire to seek new efficiencies.
- A working knowledge of broadcast technology and systems including industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Overall operational understanding of IP networks (TCP/IP, FTP, Store and Forward).
- Knowledge and experience of bookings systems (ScheduAll) preferred.
- Operation of satellite dish and receiver equipment essential.
- Ability to work independently and work flexible schedules including 12 hour shifts across nights, holidays and weekends.
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent customer focus to be able to interface with Telstra Broadcast Services customers.
- Recognize early signs of service difficulty and take ownership of the issue to ensure communication with Operational, Editorial and Management teams.
If this opportunity sounds like a perfect fit for you, we'd encourage you to apply!
Recruitment Start Date – 12/08/2022
Recruitment End Date – 09/09/2022