Job descriptionJob no: 499007
Work type: full time
Categories: Account and Relationship Management, New Business Development
Avant is Australia’s largest Medical Defence Organization. With an objective to be the business and career partner of its members, Avant provides:
- Medico-legal protection and risk management advisory services.
- Support, advice and legal representation in the event of a claim or complaint.
- Health insurance products.
- Education, research and training programs.
- Various other insurance products spanning cover of medical practices, income, life, disability and travel.
- Advocacy representation for its members collectively where it can make a difference.
Avant has over 80,000 members, annual premiums of $280m, 470 staff and net assets of over $1billion.
Avant is a member owned organization. Its core objective is to support, protect and defend its members.
About Doctors’ Health Fund
Doctors’ Health Fund (est. 1977) is a restricted private health insurer; the only health fund in Australia that exclusively serves the medical community and their families. We are one of Australia’s fastest growing health funds and now cover more than 50,000+ lives.
Proudly part of the Avant Mutual Group, Australia's leading Medical Defence Organisation, we are owned by doctors, not shareholders. We support the medical community by offering quality health covers and exceptional member service. We align our values to the profession by advocating for freedom of choice and clinical independence, while only supporting medically evidenced treatments and therapies.
We operate nationally with our head office in Sydney. As a wholly member-centric organization, dedication to our members is embedded in our values, mission, people and culture.
The principle purpose of the position is to:
Pro-actively sell DHFs products to new customers by sourcing and managing leads through all inbound and outbound channels. Represent DHF at Events and other forums, representing and distinguishing the DHF brand along predetermined guidelines. Create opportunities to generate members for DHF.
- Establish presence and profile via major practices, colleges, societies, associations & hospitals with the goal to self-generate a strong sales pipeline
- Build a plan on how to effectively deliver on KPI’s via the creation of opportunities in the face to face space
- Build presence with key practices, and relevant colleges, societies and associations to develop a strong sales pipeline for success in the short and long term.
- Be the main point of contact for all events
- Attend events, functions and industry meetings to build awareness and consideration across the market
- Assist with the planning and execution of national events
- Understand and help execute national plans and campaigns, and customise them to suit local delivery
- Delivery of consistently superior customer interactions
- Advanced sales techniques; including listening skills, problem solving, and objection handling
- Answer enquiries related to DHFs’ products (by phone, fax, email or mail) promptly, competently and professionally
- Knowledgeable and up-to-date information delivered to members on sales and service relating to DHF’s insurance products
- Liaise with customers and internal departments to ensure timely, efficient provision of product and service advice relating to DHF’s insurance products
- Review existing customer records to identify growth and sales opportunities
- Achievement of lead generation and sales targets
- Take ownership of sales enquiries related to DHF’s products
- Ensure commitments (inc. follow-up and tasks) are kept
- Deliver high quality, accurate information to prospects and members all times
- Review outgoing correspondence to customers, including work done by peers
- Use appropriate templates and documentation and record all correspondence from and to customers on member file/record
- 100% compliance with legislation and internal policies and procedures
- Team collaboration/continuous improvement
- Identify and make suggestions on issues related to DHF’s insurance products including process and systems
- Participate in process reviews or projects as required
- Ask for and address feedback on personal knowledge or performance gaps
- Collaboration with BDM’s and other Business Consultants to achieve targets
- Assist the sales team during peak periods
- Product expertise
- Participate in Product Up-skilling sessions
- Undertake regular competitor analysis\
- Provide accurate information to members and potential members
- Contribute to department - provide professional input into definition and achievement if the department’s plans, goals and objectives.
- Professional knowledge maintained
- Input and assistance provided in the development and implementation of departmental business plans
- Ideas, energy and enthusiasm offered
- Professional ethics and standards maintained
- Assistance given to other team members
To be successful you will have:
- 2 years’ experience in Customer Service department / role
- 2 years’ experience in Health Insurance including enquiry handling and policy services (applications, amendments and cancellations)
- ASIC RG 146 Tier 1 General Insurance Compliant
- Finance/Business or Marketing Degree preferred
- Change management/leadership
- Business analytics
- Overall business skills
- Financial acumen
- Stakeholder management
- People management
Why work at Avant?
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
- Discount of 25% on Private Health Insurance, free Salary Continuance Insurance and free Travel Insurance
- We value our people by offering an inclusive workplace with flexible work, career development and internal mobility opportunities. Our flexible working arrangements are designed to enable genuine work-life balance.
- Your development is our priority and we have a variety of learning and development programs that will support you in your career.
- Employee Referral Program which rewards 5,000
- We offer support to our people via Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health and Wellbeing programs, Tertiary Education Sponsorship and Support.
- We have a diverse and connected work environment where your contribution and ideas will be valued and respected and make a real difference to the lives of others.
Please note: Avant Mutual is a vaccinated employer. Prior to the commencement of your employment by Avant, you are required to be fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus or have a medical certificate stating that you cannot receive a Covid-19 vaccination for valid medical reasons
Advertised: 19 Jul 2022 AUS Eastern Standard Time