Home Support Services (HSS) which is part of the Medibank Enterprise, has been providing in-home healthcare services since 1989. We understand that Australians want more choice over where and when they receive care. Where clinically appropriate, our national home healthcare business, Home Support Services (HSS), offer people the flexibility of receiving healthcare and support services in alternative settings to hospitals, wherever they call ‘home’.
Are you tired of working on the frontline? Looking for an office-based role that offers flexibility to work from home?
Our HSS Hospital In The Home (HITH) Program provides acute home care services across a range of clinical areas and specialties to facilitate a seamless transition from hospital to hom. Our experienced Case Coordinators work in collaboration with Medical Practitioners to ensure the most appropriate care is in place, coordinating an individual plan based on multidisciplinary service delivery and client centric goals.
Using your clinical skills, you will support and provide care and services to patients in their home and remotely over the phone whilst contributing to the promotion, planning and development of services for all HSS clients together with:
- Conducting initial home assessment with clients and coordinating appropriate care plans
- Coordination of in-home services to support patients under the HITH program
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with a variety of different stakeholders including primary and secondary care organisations and your non-clinical support team
- Monitoring patient progress and updating care plans as appropriate
- Liaison with healthcare professionals and specialists
- Discharge planning including referrals to long term services
- Provision of telephone support, education, and advice
Our Case Coordinators work a rotating 7-day roster between the hours of 7am to 8pm. You will be rostered to work alternate weekends but enjoy the flexibility to work the 12pm-8pm shift and weekend shifts in the comfort of your own home. There is also an on-call component to the role where you will be paid an extra allowance to take the phone home to assist with any incoming calls.
What will set you apart from the rest?
Working in this highly autonomous position you will have an organised and flexible mindset that allows you to meet the unique needs of your clients. You will be client and goal focused who is driven to achieve positive customer outcomes together with:
- Minimum 2 years' experience as a Registered Nurse with unrestricted AHPRA registration
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to build a rapport with clients
- Strong clinical reasoning skills and the ability to ‘think outside the square’
- Proficient computer skills and ability to navigate systems
- Ability to work autonomously but contribute to a supportive team
What sets us apart from the rest?
Along with joining an outstanding organisation that is transforming the delivery of healthcare, working at HSS also means:
- Access to future fit – flexible working arrangements offered
- Excellent remuneration- penalty rates paid for late shifts and weekends
- Working from home kit provided- laptop, screens, etc
- Ongoing professional career development
- Health and wellness initiatives- onsite gym to access
- Subsidised health insurance
We value the knowledge and contribution of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and are working hard to create an inclusive workplace and develop Indigenous careers. We're also committed to supporting better accessibility for our people. If we call you to discuss this role, you'll also get the opportunity to chat about any adjustments that will allow you to be your best in the role.
Simply click on "Apply for this job" and include a current resume outlining your experience and skills relevant to this position.