Job descriptionDo you want to make a positive impact on the world? Sustainable development is at the heart of everything we do.
Seventy-five years ago, we created a home for creative thinkers seeking to solve the world’s biggest challenges. Today, a collective of 16,000+ Arupians gather across the globe from 140 different countries to build a sustainable future.
We strive to create an inclusive environment and give everyone a voice. Diversity drives innovation in our projects and offers empathy to the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people living with disability and provide workplace adjustments.
At Arup, you’ll do more than work — you’ll shape a better world.
About the role
We are seeking a passionate Civil Engineer to join the Sydney Infrasture team. This is a direct result of continued growth within our business and an expanding portfolio of projects across a variety of sectors including highways, rail, masterplanning/site development, major bridges, environmental and LGA-related projects. This is a permanent, full-time opportunity and renumeration is AUD $80,000 to $90,000 per year.
What will I do?
- Apply your knowledge and experience in Civil engineering across a variety of multi-disciplinary projects in the areas of flood risk management, sustainable drainage, earthworks, pavement design, utilities, and road designs.
- Review design drawings for compliance, technical specifications, and design criteria
- Collaborate with our team of engineering experts and clients to deliver innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Contribute to project planning including monitoring resources, schedule, budgets and milestones
- Contribute to the development of Arup’s knowledge and skills in civil engineering by keep up to date with current industry information, standards, and best practice.
- Recognised relevant tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering
- Ideally, you will have a variety of skills which could include flood risk management, sustainable drainage, earthworks, pavement design, utilities and road designs or be willing to develop in those disciplines A passion to assist with our digital transformation and a drive towards producing sustainable designs
- A motivation to be involved, responsible and accountable for tasks as delegated
- A commitment to enabling positive, respectful, and inclusive team environments.
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, architects, consultants, and technical specialists, working across every aspect of the built environment.
Founded by Sir Ove Arup, a gifted engineer-philosopher with an original and restless mind, our firm has always had a keen sense of purpose.
We create spaces where everyone feels safe, seen and included and able to perform at their best. We take an approach to flexible working that supports the diversity and well-being of our members, and provide generous leave entitlements including extended parental leave for primary carers
Are you ready to shape a better world?
Our open roles are waiting for you on the Arup careers page. If you like what you see here, apply today.
Arup does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Auto & General Insurance South Australia 29 days ago
Resources Safety and Health Queensland Brisbane QLD 10 days ago
City of Boroondara Camberwell NSW $103,015 - $115,032 a year 10 days ago
Royal Flying Doctor Service Victoria Bankstown NSW 2200 17 days ago
Scanlan Theodore South Yarra VIC 3141 24 days ago
South Western Sydney Local Health District Campbelltown NSW $1,308 - $1,826 a week 13 days ago
Supple Richmond VIC 3121 $60,000 - $85,000 a year 3 days ago
Dr Jones & Partners Medical Imaging Eastwood SA 5063 17 days ago
South Western Sydney Local Health District Bowral NSW $28.71 - $29.72 an hour 5 days ago
Crown Melbourne Melbourne VIC 16 days ago