Job descriptionOverview / Responsibilities:
Wood is currently recruiting for a Coatings Advisor - Subject Matter Expert (SME) with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Wood's Operations APAC (West) business delivers brownfields engineering, procurement, construction, optimisation and technical services to the Oil & Gas sector and enjoys long-term partnerships with the region’s most prominent producers located in Western Australia, Northern Territory and Kazakhstan.
You will be responsible for the leadership, management, supervision and guidance of the day to day activities for delivery of the Coatings & Painting Scope. Your scope will cover deliverables, planning, option selection and Constructability reviews. This is an end-to-end rejuvenation scope and as such will involve interfacing with other disciplines, planning, procurement, and client operations.
- Creating workpacks, procedures, standards and specifications
- Attending pre-inspection planning meetings / progress meetings
- Be aware of concessions raised, approved and / or rejected by the Site Superintendent and Project engineer
- Monitoring package / equipment compliance to statutory regulations
- Be responsible for the surveillance of Implementation Contractors to ensure timely and efficient execution of work in line with project schedules.
- Reviewing Sub-contractor Certification / Data Dossiers on an ongoing basis
- Reporting promptly to the Offshore Superintendent
- Obtaining feedback and conduct Lessons Learned for future Projects
- Ensuring that all necessary quality records are identified and retained in accordance with Wood, client and regulatory requirements
- Participating (as necessary) in management visits / audits as requested
Ideally, you will have Coatings (PFP Coatings) Inspection experience and be technically qualified from a recognised vocational training institution OR have an equivalent trade experience / trade certification and have:
- Ideally, be certified by CINI (Committee Industrial Insulation Standards.) ICORR, FROSIO OR demonstrable experience in isolation inspection, on top of the NACE III Certication.
- A broad knowledge of construction, fabrication and inspection techniques
- A working knowledge of management systems, including ISO 9001:2008, and their application to projects
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation, codes and standards
- Understanding of working with applicable regulatory bodies
- Holds all relevant offshore certificates (TBOSIET, MSIC, Offshore Medical)
- Must be willing (and certified) to travel offshore
It takes a diverse and inclusive community of inquisitive minds to unlock tomorrow’s solutions to the world’s most critical challenges. Wood encourages Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply.
If you are an experienced Coatings Advisor, apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Company Overview: Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.