TURNING CARING INTO A CAREER
Role title: Community Care Worker
Location Sunshine Coast
Part Time Perm - Flexible days and hours worked - Up to 5 days a week of work available
We are looking for a compassionate and skilled Carer with a desire to make a difference.
- Play an important role with a company who cares.
- See the difference you are making, every single day.
- Grow your aged care, nursing and in-home skills and develop your career with Australia’s leading Home Care Package provider.
At the myHomecare Group you will be part of a team of likeminded individuals across the country who support older Australians to continue living in their homes longer. With a rich 100-year history, we have been delivering exceptional care to older Australians since the year our oldest client was born. We have the added benefit of an innovative, creative, and passionate team who are constantly striving to get even better outcomes for our clients.
Does this sound like you?
We have a fantastic opportunity for a care provider to join us as a Community Care Worker with Bromilow in the Sunshine Coast. We’re searching for Carers who want to use their kindness, empathy and compassion to make a difference to the lives of older Australians. Does this sound like you?
We pride ourselves in connecting our community to the services that suit their individual needs and lifestyle. You'll enjoy going the extra mile for our clients because you will see the positive difference you are making to their lives, every single day.
What will we offer you?
- A role with true purpose: you get to see how you are making a difference in people’s lives every day.
- Benefits & perks: we have a special program that rewards you for your hard work with discounts to a broad range of brands.
- Opportunity to grow: We provide up-skilling opportunities, training and networking, to ensure you are constantly able to grow within your career.
- The best of both worlds: with us you get the autonomy to excel in your role of delivering a better level of client care and the benefit of a supportive team and structure to help you meet your goals.
- Real flexibility.
- Competitive salary.
So, what does the role entail?
As a Community Care Worker, you will:
- Help our clients with a variety of daily domestic, social, respite and personal care services
You’ll work with autonomy, patience and empathy to provide essential domestic care services in accordance with your clients’ care plans. You’ll build a genuine connection with your clients through:
- Personal care: showering and assisting with other personal grooming.
- Social support: taking clients on outings to the shops, the bank, a café or, out for a walk.
- Transport: taking clients to appointments or respite.
- Food preparation.
- Respite care: assisting with exercising, dressing, toileting, and supervising the self-administration of medication.
- Domestic Assistance: dusting, vacuuming, mopping, emptying garbage, washing dishes, laundry, and assisting around the garden.
Here is just one example of the fantastic work and the positive difference our team are making to the lives of elderly individuals:
We are looking for someone with:
- Certificate III in Individual Support (or equivalent), or Cert IV in Aged Care or Disability or Home and Community, or 2nd year Bachelor of Nursing.
- Experience in aged care, disability or community nursing experience is desired.
- The right to work in Australia.
- A current driver’s licence and access to your own car with comprehensive car insurance.
- National Police Clearance or willingness to obtain (myHomecare will organise via WorkPro at no cost).
- Proof of Covid Vaccination.
Does this sound like you? Discover how you can further develop your skills while truly helping people in your community today.
To apply, upload your resume through SEEK.