Deadline: Monday 8 August 2022
- Lead a team in the development and implementation of Asset Planning
- Provide professional advice and recommendations
- Rockdale location – close to public transport
At Bayside Council, we are committed to a positive, flexible and supportive workplace culture, where our people and customers feel respected and valued. We are proud to serve our community through operating with transparency, integrity and in the best interests of the Bayside community to deliver exceptional service.
The City Futures directorate focuses on developing our strategy to ensure sustainable and responsible planning and development for all aspects of our City.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager City Infrastructure, this role is responsible for the development and implementation of overall Asset Planning services to deliver appropriate and sustainable outcomes for a diverse and growing community.
The Coordinator Asset Planning will coordinate the effective development and management of asset related projects and programs for new and improved public infrastructure including roads, stormwater, buildings, and open space.
- Lead team projects in the planning of new and improved assets to deliver services to the community at appropriate and sustainable levels.
- Assist in the preparation of Council Annual Capital Projects Programs.
- Develop and maintain Asset Management Plans and Operational Plans
- Implement strategies to integrate asset management into Council’s community, delivery and operational plans.
- Develop and monitor funding strategies, budgets and options to deliver priority city and community assets.
- Develop and maintain assets systems and reporting to assist review of asset service levels.
- Engage and consult with the community and Council’s stakeholders to identify their requirements and use this information to enable organisational direction, strategy and policy.
As an organisational leader and role model you will be responsible for leading committed, motivated and engaged teams and individuals to develop strong connections and collaboration opportunities with a diverse local community.
We are looking for someone who has the following background and expertise:
- Tertiary or other qualifications and/or equivalent experience in a relevant field.
Our Benefits and Culture
As an organisation, we pride ourselves in offering a flexible working environment centred on delivering great outcomes for our customers, whether internal or external. Bayside Council has a strong culture of collaboration and delivering exciting new initiatives for our community.
On top of the competitive salary, our people enjoy;
- 3 extra days off during Christmas each year
- 15 days sick leave each year
- 2 days health and wellbeing leave
- Gym membership discounts
- Additional parental leave entitlements for both parents
Before submitting your application, please take the time to read the job description.
Your application should include an up-to-date resume (max 3 pages) and a covering letter including your skills and experience (max 2 pages).
Applications must be submitted by email to [email protected]
Deadline: Monday 8 August 2022
Salary Range: From $113,917.89 - $127,587.95 per annum plus 10.5% superannuation
Enquiries: Bryce Spelta - Coordinator Asset Planning directly via email [email protected] or call 0411 526 558
Council is committed to the health and safety of its employees and addressing risks of COVID-19 in the workplace. Council’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires all workers to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine before commencing employment.
Applicants may be required to satisfactorily undertake a Criminal History Check, Medical and/or Working with Children Check in accordance with the position.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to an equitable, diverse and socially inclusive work environment.