Full-time (average of 38 hours per week)
The City of Rockingham is located 40km south of the Perth CBD and is one of the fastest growing local governments in the south metropolitan area. We are responsible for the provision and delivery of high quality services, facilities and events that meet or exceed community expectations. Providing a safe and healthy workplace for our employees is important to us and we are committed to employing team members who share the City’s Values of Recognition, Ethics, Service, Professional Development, Empowerment, Communication and Teamwork – RESPECT. These Values are incorporated into all aspects of employment at the City.
Working as part of the Strategic Planning and Sustainability team, you will provide ongoing leadership and support to the Strategic Planning staff and supervise the daily activities and operations in an exciting and diverse planning environment.
You will be responsible for coordinating the assessment of Structure Plans, along with progressing specific strategic planning projects including preparation of the Karnup District Structure Plan, preparation and project management of various strategic planning studies, and the assessment and review of strategic planning policies and Scheme Amendments.
In this role, you will be providing specialist advice on strategic planning matters and engaging with various stakeholders, including State Government departments, to achieve desirable planning outcomes for the future. You will also investigate and analyse very complex strategic planning matters, and devise and evaluate alternative solutions and recommendations.
You must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and have proven negotiation and financial management experience. Advanced knowledge of Town Planning Administrative and Statutory procedures is a must.
To be the successful applicant, you must be degree qualified in Urban and Regional Planning (or equivalent) and be eligible for membership to the Planning Institute of Australia. A current and valid ‘C’ class driver’s licence is also a requirement of this position.
To be considered for this role, you must address the following selection criteria in your online application:
- Extensive practical experience in the profession of town planning.
- Significant experience with managing strategic planning projects, formulating strategic planning policies, structure planning, subdivision and Scheme Amendments.
- Significant experience in supervising professional and technical staff within a planning environment.
- Degree in Town Planning or equivalent.
We are offering a gross salary of $104,553 to $110,239 per annum, dependant on skills and experience, with access to a City vehicle. The City offers:
- 11% superannuation with the option to co-contribute up to a further 5%
- A variety of health and wellbeing programmes
- Flexible working arrangements, including rostered days off and two additional paid days of absence per annum
- Training and development opportunities including paid study leave and study fees
- Salary packaging opportunities for motor vehicles, etc.
An information package is available on our website.
Applications must be submitted online by 4pm, Wednesday 24 August 2022.
The City of Rockingham accepts applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people living with disability and people who speak a first language other than English.