As a Disability Support Worker, you will join a team of other carers, responsible for caring and supporting people with disabilities in the home, residential establishments, clinics and hospitals. You will also provide companionship and emotional support, and when possible, promote independence and community participation.
A day in the life as a Disability Support Worker may see you support our clients with;
- In-home support with health issues and daily living tasks such as washing, dressing, eating, transport and budgeting.
- Assist clients during domestic activities such as eating meals and showering
- Provide companionship and support during daily activities.
- Cook and serve meals, clean premises, wash, iron and perform other household tasks.
- Assist people with self-medication.
Proof of working rights in Australia, NDIS Worker Screening Clearance issued in the State of Victoria, Employee Working with Children Check card issued in the State of Victoria, and Full COVID vaccinations.
What we’re looking for
As a patient, flexible and understanding individual with a supportive and caring nature, ideally with experience within the disability or health care sectors, you’ll have;
- Experience supporting people with disabilities.
- Commitment to the rights of people with disabilities to live dignified lives.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to accept responsibility.
- Able to work as part of a team, cope with the physical demands of the job, and perform domestic duties efficiently.
Desirable, however not essential;
- Certificate III in Individual Support or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s licence with access to a comprehensively insured vehicle.
- Access to a marketplace of retail savings from leading Aussie retailers
- Exclusive access to wellness hub benefits and perks offers such as financial wellness, mental resilience, and physical health
- Monthly recognition and reward for ‘Employee of the Month’
- Novated car leasing
- Ongoing training and development
- Career development opportunities
If this sounds like the ideal role for you and you have the skills and experience we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you. So, don’t delay, apply today.
Superior People Recruitment are a leading Melbourne Employment Agency.