Job descriptionEraring NSW, Australia
- Gain a Nationally Recognised Qualification while you work!
- Earn while you Learn!
- Located in Eraring
Who you’ll be working with…
HVTC Hunter is an expert in the employment and training of apprentices and trainees. We believe skills change lives and that apprenticeships and traineeships can open doors to incredible careers. This is why we partner with businesses to match the right person with the right career.
During your apprenticeship, you’ll be employed by us, while completing on-the-job training with our Host Employer, Origin Energy Eraring. We’ll provide you with ongoing mentoring and support to help you achieve your career goals and unleash your true potential.
So, what are you waiting for?
What’s in it for me?
Being a HVTC apprentice opens the door to working for industry leaders via our key connections with major local employers.
Being a HVTC apprentice means you have ongoing job security! Our network of Host Employers means we can offer rotations to ensure you can fulfil your education and training requirements; Become a qualified electrician without getting yourself into debt and actually earning an income!
Throughout your apprenticeship, you will be able to take advantage of our exclusive employee benefits, which include:
- One-on-one coaching and development from a dedicated mentor
- Individual and group safety training with our team of experts
- Discounted health insurance
- Discounted gym memberships
- Alumni program to support you post qualification
- Reward and recognition programs
- CommBank Workplace Banking Program to give you financial advice (and retail discounts!)
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives, campaigns, and competitions through HVTC’s Committee (there might even be some prizes up for grabs!).
- 24/7 confidential counselling through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provider
What you’ll be doing…
You will complete a Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician over 48 months through a combination of formal training with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and practical on-the-job experience with the Host Employer.
Throughout your formal training and practical experience in the workplace, you will have the opportunity to:
- Arrange circuits, control and protection for general electrical installations
- Carry out general maintenance and testing of equipment and plant
- Participate in safety activities and risk assessments
- Fabricate, assemble and dismantle utility industry components
- Install, repair and maintain electrical systems within the electricity production sector
- Perform fault diagnosis for equipment both within a workshop environment and on site
- Assist qualified tradesman in a secure working environment
- Use a combination of
- hand and power tools to carry out duties
HVTC Work Readiness Program:
“As part of your training you will attend a six month Work Readiness program at our Hunter-V-Tec Skills Centre, you will gain skills in Electrical, Mechanical and Fabrication trades while developing Safety awareness and work ethics.”
What you’ll bring to the table…
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to meet the following selection criteria:
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Commitment to both on and off the job training
- A can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- Ability to work safely and follow instructions
- High attention to detail
- Strong mathematical aptitude
- Demonstrated interest and passion for the Electrical Trade
- Current NSW National Police Check (or willingness to obtain)
What to do next
To apply for this role, click the ‘ for this job’ button and then follow the steps to complete your application.
Please apply online at www.hvtc.com.au by clicking on 'Vacancies' and selecting the relevant position, then the ' Online' button at the top of the page.
To ensure your application is considered, please ensure you submit a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
What else is involved?
After submitting your online application, you may be invited to complete online testing, interviews and pre-employment medicals. We’ll also contact your references if you progress through these recruitment stages. Please be sure to check your emails (including your junk folder) and respond to missed phone calls, voicemail messages and text messages.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Haylee Mensink on 02 4932 4222.
Applications close 25th of August 2022
HVTC are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, Ethical Practices, and the principles of Cultural Diversity. We encourage applications from all members of the community, including people from indigenous backgrounds, women seeking non-traditional trade opportunities and mature aged people.
Category: Utilities & Electrotechnology - Electrician
Reference ID: HM000050
Date Posted: 28/07/2022