About Northern Beaches Hospital
Operated by Healthscope, Northern Beaches Hospital (NBH) is located in Frenchs Forest, only 13kms north of Sydney CBD. The hospital is a contemporary 488 bed facility comprising of 60% public and 40% private beds. Providing a wide range of health services to the local community, including Surgery, a 50 bed Emergency Department, Intensive Care, Birthing, Paediatrics, Cardiac, Mental Health, Dialysis, Cancer Centre and Outpatients.
NBH has 13 operating theatres, one hybrid/cardiac catheter theatre, two Catheter Laboratories and four endoscopy procedure rooms, all supported by a critical care unit which includes two intensive care wards.
Northern Beaches Hospital is a dedicated facility for all patients in the local area. It was thoughtfully designed to optimise patient safety and overall experience, and to provide meaningful management and operational efficiencies that benefit everyone.
About the Role
As an enrolled nurse in our critical care ward, you will utilise a high standard of evidence based nursing care to plan, assess and implement care for all patients in collaboration with the patient/ family and multidisciplinary team.
Treatment & care follows the principles of patient-centred care and implementing a contemporary recovery model of care across the ward with active involvement from family & carers, an unrestrictive, safe environment, multidisciplinary approach to interventions, with holistic & self-care where possible and ongoing support through community services.
As an EN your responsibilities will include:
- Deliver safe, researched-based standards of nursing care to individuals/groups under the direction and supervision (either indirect or direct) of the RN
- Work collaboratively with the wider healthcare team to support patient care needs
- Medication endorsed EN may administer medications according to state law and organization policy
- Registration with AHPRA
- Enrolled Nurse qualification in Monitoring and Administering IV Medications
- Advanced level of clinical skills (desired)
- Compliance with ACQSHC National standards
- Demonstrated time management & organisational skills with the ability to meet objectives/timelines
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Employee Assistance Program and free services incl. medical examination of employees and discounted services for permanent Healthscope employees and members of their immediate family.
- Rewards program with national deals and discounts for travel, health insurance and banking offers.
- Variety of leave options and salary packaging, additional superannuation, Novated motor vehicle lease and Airline/Club membership
Successful applicants will receive a salary based on your years of relevant registered nursing experience against the current Healthscope and NSWNMA/ANMF – NSW Nurses and Midwives’ – Enterprise Agreement 2020 – 2024, a salary ranging from $30.73 - $35.05 per hour.
Further Enquiries: Jo Hayward, NUM, on 9105 5423