SEEKING AN EXPERIENCED PARENTAL, INFANT AND CHILD MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL
We are seeking a Perinatal, Infant and Child Mental Health Professional, qualified as Psychologist / Social Worker / Registered Nurse / Occupational Therapist, to join our team of the Perinatal, Infant and Child Mental Health Services for Jade House for both Carramar and Camden sites.
POSITION: Perinatal, Infant and Child Mental Health Professional –
Psychologists (clinical and registered), mental health accredited occupational therapists, mental health accredited social workers and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health practitioners with mental health training.
HOURS: Full time with consideration of part time. Until June 2023
OPERATIONAL BASE: Perinatal, Infant and Child Mental Health Services (Jade House) Carramar and Camden sites
VACCINATION CATEGORY: A – High risk (including full COVID-19 – 3 doses and influenza Vaccinations)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Clinical Services through the Perinatal, Infant and Child Mental Health Services (PICMHS) Manager
SUMMARY ROLE AND FUNCTION
Karitane Parent, Infant and Child Mental Health Services (PICMHS) provides mental health assessment and therapeutic intervention for parents during the perinatal period (pregnancy and the first postpartum year) and families with young children 0-5 years. Jade House services include comprehensive bio-psycho-social mental health assessment, formulation and care planning for stepped care interventions matched to level of need: individual or group brief intervention or intensive/specialist dyadic psychotherapy/counselling. The Perinatal and Infant Mental Health Clinician (Jade House) provides safe, effective, quality care consistent with Karitane’s mission, values and standards of care, and the Professional Code of Conduct.
Karitane staff provide safe, effective, quality care consistent with the organisation’s mission, philosophy, values and standards of care, and adhere to the NSW Health Code of Conduct.
Due to COVID-19 some our services as a temporary measure are being delivered using Telehealth platforms. Training for new staff would be provided for using these Telehealth platforms.
Our caring healthcare professionals guide, support and educate families through our parenting centres, residential services, mental health services, integrated care hubs, virtual home visits and community services.
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA (each criteria must be addressed in your application)
1. AHPRA registration as a Clinical Psychologist, Psychologist, Social Worker, Occupational Therapist or Registered Nurse. A degree in Psychology, Social Work or Nursing which provides eligibility for membership of the relevant professional association/full registration through the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
i. Psychologist should be eligible for registration and Clinical Psychologist should have endorsement in Clinical Psychology or Master’s degree (or higher) in Clinical or Counselling Psychology.
ii. Registered Nurse in order to meet Clinical Nurse Consultant Grade 1 should demonstrate at least 5 years fulltime equivalent post registration experience and approved post registration nursing/midwifery qualifications relevant to perinatal, infant and/or child mental health.
2. Recognised postgraduate qualifications in perinatal/infant mental health (PIMH) and/or post graduate qualifications in counselling or psychotherapy with a minimum of three years practice experience in the field of PIMH.
3. Demonstrated clinical experience in provision of assessment and therapeutic interventions with clients experiencing psychiatric and psychological disturbances during pregnancy, postpartum and parenting infants up to 1 year of age.
4. Experience working with parents in the perinatal period or early parenting period in a Child and Family Health setting or in Child and Adolescent, Youth or Adult Mental Health Service.
5. Knowledge and experience in working with families and an understanding of infant mental health.
6. Computer literacy and ability to use technology for the purposes of service delivery.
7. Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
8. Demonstrated ability to mediate and negotiate conflict effectively.
9. Demonstrated understanding of parenting in the context of diversity.
10. Current Driver’s Licence.
Karitane have been the leaders in parenting services since 1923. We provide support and education on the unique challenges of parenting to mums and dads with children from birth to 5 years of age. All our services are evidence based and delivered by a caring and highly trained professional team of child and family health nurses, paediatricians, social workers, psychologists and psychiatrists offering complete holistic care.
Karitane support new parents around sleep and settling, establishing routines, feeding and nutrition, toddler behaviour and pre and postnatal anxiety and depression.
We are a registered charity, supported by the NSW Ministry of Health and the Department of Family & Community Services. In addition to our government funding, much of our work is thanks to donations from individuals and organisations.
Temporary part time employment in accordance with The Named NSW (Non-Declared) Affiliated Health Organisations’ Professional and Associated Staff Agreement 2009 or The Named NSW (Non-Declared) Affiliated Health Organisations’ Nurses Agreement 2017 . Shift times and days may be varied according to the needs of the organisation. Karitane services are provided at a number of sites within the Sydney Metropolitan Area. The majority of Karitane’s services close for approximately two weeks over the Christmas/New Year period, during which time employees are required to take leave.
This position may be required to provide clinical services via Telehealth in a work from home capacity.
Relevant Criminal History, Working with Children’s Check, Apprehended Violence Orders and prior employment checks, including relevant disciplinary proceedings, will be undertaken.
Employment conditions for this role are in: accordance with The Named NSW (Non-Declared) Affiliated Health Organisations’ Professional and Associated Staff Agreement and Named NSW (Non-Declared) Affiliated Health Organisations’ Nurses Agreement 2017.
Karitane supports a smoke free environment including buildings, grounds and vehicles.
Applicants will have a commitment to EEO & WHS&R Policies, ethical practice and the principles of cultural diversity.
A full position description detailing this role and what Karitane is all about is in detail and can be viewed on the Karitane website under Employment Opportunities: www.karitane.com.au
Benefits of a career at Karitane
- Dynamic team
- Innovative organisation
- That we are an accredited Family-friendly workplace
- Professional development, support and mentoring
- Opportunity to salary package up to $16,050 tax free (as not-for-profit and registered charity)
- Additional leave, accrued day off once a month where applicable
- Encouraged to achieve your full potential
- Respected and recognised
- Flexible work practices where applicable and appropriate
- Meaningful work – that makes a difference
Please note: If you work in the NSW Public Health system and other Affiliated Health Organisations your accruals of leave and service can be transferred across to Karitane.
All NSW Health workers are required to have been triple vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical contraindication certificate. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status if successful to the role.
Enquiries and applications via email should be addressed to:
Manager Perinatal Infant & Child Mental Health (PICMHS)
Tel 02 9794-2325 | Mob 0417 280 165
Email: | [email protected]
Close date: COB Wednesday 24 August 2022