At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY DnA is the data and advanced analytics capability within EY Asia-Pacific, with over 500 specialist employees working across multiple industry sectors.
We are looking for this person to join either our Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Perth offices.
As a Data Analyst, you will support our clients in defining and implementing a data journey aligned with their strategic objectives. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Be able to clearly explain what the data and your analysis mean to both technical and senior business stakeholders.
- Support the development of effective data governance frameworks which interact with data models and tools.
- Investigate and analyse complex data sets to produce insights, reports, and strategic and tactical recommendations for change.
- Develop dashboards, reports, and visualisations to support client needs and to enable the easy digestion of insight.
- Keep a track of trends, patterns and correlation over complex data sets including the modelling of semantic layers and considerations for performance
To qualify for the role you must have
A background working as a data or insights analyst, or commensurate academic experience.
- Demonstrated experience using reporting tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx and/or Qlik.
- Strong skills in SQL development, data modelling and analysis.
- An understanding of common data warehousing, management, archival, and structuring techniques.
- A strong understanding of statistics and data analysis techniques.
- Exposure to data / data environments / databases / large data sets.
- Strong problem-solving experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have
Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong consulting experience preferable from a Big 4 background, including engaging directly with clients
- Experience in a delivery role on Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data or analytics projects
What we offer
A tech career @ EY means working with 40,000 fellow technologists who are creating cutting edge applications in blockchain, AI, cloud, analytics, robotics and cyber, harnessing tech to power the human enterprise and build a more equitable, sustainable world. We offer world class training and a free Tech MBA to all our people.
Globally at EY, we are committed to offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
As this is an Expression of Interest, there can sometimes be a delay in our response. We thank you for your application and hope to be in touch very soon.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider. Regarding this role, the minimum salary is $90,000 including 10.5% superannuation.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.