Job descriptionJob no: 518946
Work type: Permanent Full Time, Permanent Part Time
Location: Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Sydney, Adelaide
Division: IAP & Futures
Financial Modeller (all levels) - Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane
- Do you want to help support some of Australia’s most significant projects and M&A transactions?
- Is a flexible working environment important to you? KPMG can offer part-time & full-time options to match your life. Our team work flexibly across the Home, Office, and Client hubs.
- Do you want to build your career in an inclusive, diverse, and supportive team culture that is growing nationally?
You are a professional who shares our passion for building a better Australia through providing clients with high end financial modelling and advice.
You are interested in working in teams with some of Australia’s most talented and recognised M&A professionals and infrastructure and energy industry leaders.
You are looking to grow your financial modelling career working with, and learning from, some of the best financial modellers in the world.
As you progress your career in our team, you will leverage your financial modelling expertise to provide financial and commercial advisory services on some of the most complex and challenge infrastructure M&A transactions and projects, including project finance.
We currently have opportunities for early career and established Financial Modellers to join our Financial Modelling team. The team has opportunities in all locations around Australia and offers the opportunity to take responsibility for the delivery of financial modelling that supports our clients and our vision.
- Have a focus on providing best practise modelling support for transactions and projects.
- Develop best in class financial models in a range of contexts, from pre-bid, bid and also post bid.
- Review financial models supporting some of the largest and highest profile transactions in Australia and globally.
- Have exposure to a range of different clients across numerous sectors, including infrastructure and energy.
- Manage client engagements or discrete workstreams within a larger engagement, coaching and developing junior staff and client resources.
- Support in the identification of opportunities for future service delivery, participating in business development initiatives and pursue opportunities to continuously innovate to “do things better” for the benefit of our clients and the community more broadly.
- Be supported with comprehensive technical and commercial training opportunities, enabling you to develop industry leading technical skills that allow you to grow at KPMG.
- Play an active role in supporting the development of the deal modelling team and fostering a collaborative and inclusive culture of work.
Ideal applicants for this role will bring with them:
- Experience working with and building complex financial models supporting infrastructure projects, or M&A transactions.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and experience developing best practise financial models in Excel.
- Tertiary qualifications in commerce, mathematics, economics, engineering, law, or other relevant subjects and have outstanding academic transcripts.
- Current working rights in Australia are required.
Why now and why us?
Whilst the financial modelling role services a range of sectors, a key focus is Infrastructure, Assets and Places (IAP). As a priority growth area for KPMG Australia, IAP is investing in both people and technology to enhance our capabilities – and to help our people flourish.
We have a range of exciting, nationally significant engagements and opportunities including:
- Many of Australia’s largest and most complex transport projects.
- Socially impactful projects and reform initiatives in health, water, social & affordable housing, education, and justice.
- Critical work with Australia’s Defence and associated National Security portfolios.
- Renewable/clean energy projects and energy transition initiatives.
- Significant property transactions and precinct development activities.
The KPMG Difference
Our vision is to attract and retain the best people as a destination employer, offering rewarding careers and investing in the growth of our people.
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities, and characteristics that our people possess, and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to ‘Flexibility’ allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. All roles are open to part-time or flexible arrangements. Our team work flexibly under our three-hub model, home-office-client, you choose how you work!
Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG!
- Flexibility empowers wellbeing
- Flexibility enables contribution to the community
- Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
- Flexibility supports family
- Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!
Advertised: 28 Jul 2022 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 26 Aug 2022 AUS Eastern Standard Time