- Gardening and general maintenance focus
- Permanent, full time, Mon - Fri, 7am - 3pm
- Queens Lake Retirement Village, Laurieton
We have a permanent opportunity available to join the team at our Queens Lake Retirement Village, set in amongst 13 acres of landscaped, established gardens, nestled alongside Queens Lake.
About the role:
As our onsite Gardener and General Maintenance Officer, you will be kept busy assisting across a variety of predominantly gardening related tasks but managing some general maintenance too, as and when our Maintenance Officer takes leave or requires a hand with maintenance, ensuring the comfort, safety, and happiness of our village residents.
Permanent, full time, Monday to Friday, 7.00am – 3.00pm, but there is some flexibility around start and finish times.
Maintaining the everyday routine maintenance and presentation of the village gardens, some of your duties will include:
- Scheduled lawn mowing, whipper snipping, maintaining pathway edges, pruning plants and shrubs
- Undertake special gardening projects including removal and planting of new shrubs, hand weeding, assisting with managed weed spray programmes
- Mulching program in all common gardens, fertilizing, watering, preventative maintenance
- Maintaining equipment and facilities, including carrying out inspections around the common garden areas including seating, pathways and the synthetic bowling green (Tiger Turf)
- Rubbish removal - taking out and bringing in rubbish bins, managing green waste bins and hoppers along with paper recycling
- Minor general maintenance when the Maintenance Officer is on leave and assistance during busy times. Tasks such as replacing smoke detector batteries, maintaining a door handle or a cupboard hinge, a washer on a tap, auto garage door function, pool & spa water testing
- General maintenance for enhancement & presentation of village entrance, grounds and gardens
- Relevant gardening and preferably some general handyperson maintenance experience
- From a background where you were responsible for looking after the gardening and surrounding grounds such as retirement village, golf club, hotels/motels/resorts or parks would be highly regarded
- Experience using a variety of gardening equipment including chainsaws
- Ability to work unsupervised and independently and are self-motivated
- Reliable and personable, able to engage with residents and help to make a positive difference for them
- Able to prioritise work schedules
- Basic computer skills to complete administration tasks online and experience of MS Microsoft Suite, ie: Outlook
- Show initiative, discretion, and judgement in carrying out assigned duties
- Hold a current driver’s license, able to drive a manual Ute, and though not essential a LR (Light Rigid) license, on occasions if the volunteer drivers are not available, to drive a 22-seater bus
The Stockland Proposition
At Stockland we are a community delivering outcomes that benefit the community at large. We work collaboratively and inclusively, building strong working relationships. Our portfolio is diverse and so are the opportunities for professional and career development. We are committed to providing our people with broad experiences to build a successful career.
We recognise the importance of flexibility and work life-quality and over 80% of our employees have informal or formal flexible work arrangements. Additionally, Stockland has a strong commitment to achieving the best outcomes through an inclusive and collaborative culture. Our customers come from diverse backgrounds, and we want our teams to reflect this.
We offer competitive remuneration and benefits. Benefits include free to access or subsidised lifestyle, health, well-being, and financial services products.
Due to the nature of this role, we can only accept applications from Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents.
As part of the recruitment process, you may need to undergo a pre-employment medical assessment to assess your ability to perform the requirements of the role.
Agencies should note that unsolicited resumes will not be accepted for this position and Stockland will not pay any fees related to resumes that are submitted directly to hiring managers and not through our approved process. Where appropriate, the Careers @ Stockland Team will work with our preferred panel of agencies to source candidates for roles. Please submit any queries relating to the approved process of submitting candidate resumes or Stockland’s preferred agency panel to [email protected]
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Iss Sweden Sydney NSW $88,000 - $90,000 a year 12 days ago
Austin Health Melbourne VIC 1 day ago
Oporto Rothwell QLD 4022 10 days ago
Cognizant Brisbane QLD 30+ days ago
Peninsula Health Melbourne VIC 25 days ago
ESE Recruitment Victoria 12 days ago
McLean Farms Pittsworth QLD 4356 7 days ago
NSW Government -Transport For NSW Burwood NSW 2134 $75,461 - $83,005 a year 7 days ago
Saab Inc. Adelaide Region SA 26 days ago
STEVE PITMAN CONSULTING Adelaide Region SA $100,000 - $160,000 a year 20 days ago