- Opportunity to work on top-tier projects
- Develop your career in a first-class environment
- Join our growing Geotechnical & Tunnels section
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms, bringing together approximately 4,300 talented people across 14 offices in Australia. We have committed to halving the carbon footprint of our designs and advice by 2030. Our sustainable solutions and Future Ready™ projects will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. Globally, we have a network of 55,000+ professionals
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Geophysicist to join our Brisbane office.
You will be part of our accomplished Earth and Environment section and will work alongside our established team of Geotechnical and Tunnelling technical experts, assisting in delivering successful projects. Your role will also be well supported across our business, with skilled resources in other sections.
What you will do
- Manage fieldwork during geophysics investigations
- Assist with shallow ground geophysical surveys including seismic refraction, MASW, Electrical Resistivity Imaging, magnetics, Ground Penetrating Radar, Electromagnetics and Microgravity
- Assist with downhole geophysical logging including televiewers and seismic methods
- Assist in the acquisition of over water geophysical data including seismic reflection, refraction, resistivity, magnetic and bathymetry data
- Design shallow ground and over water geophysical surveys including seismic, electrical, magnetic electromagnetic and Ground Penetrating Radar techniques
- Process and interpret data using industry standard geophysical interpretation software
- Integrate geophysical and geotechnical data
- Maintain and calibrate geophysical equipment
- Liaise with and provide geophysicist support for specialists from other disciplines or offices
What we will love about you
- Bachelor of Science or related discipline majoring in geophysics
- Post graduate qualification in geophysics is preferred but not essential
- Experience related to structural geology or geotechnical applications of geophysics
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Report writing skills
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion…….
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities—like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
We support a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.