Austin Health is the major provider of tertiary health services, health professional education and research across 3 campuses in the northeast of Melbourne and state-wide. Austin Health is world-renowned for its research and specialist work in cancer, liver transplantation, spinal cord injuries, neurology, endocrinology, mental health and rehabilitation.
An exciting opportunity currently exists for enthusiastic Research Medical Officers to join our Medical and Cognitive Research Unit.
Details of Department
The Medical and Cognitive Research Unit (MCRU) is located at the Heidelberg Repatriation Hospital Campus of Austin Health and is tiered within the Continuing Care Clinical Service Unit under the Aged Care Services. It is the largest dementia clinical trials centre in the southern hemisphere, and one of the largest in the world.
MCRU has a strong and successful history in conducting numerous clinical trials in various neurodegenerative disorders, with a majority of the trials focusing on Alzheimer’s Disease, but many also in other aspects of geriatric medicine including sarcopenia, frailty, community care and health systems research.
Details of position/position requirementsWe are seeking enthusiastic and committed Research Medical Officers to contribute to this growing unit's research activities, including to manage clinical trial patients within the Medical & Cognitive Research Unit, and contributing to investigator-led clinical and translational research within the Continuing Care CSU more broadly.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Ensure that all MCRU requirements for acting as a trial fellow are met.
- Actively supervise patient accrual, clinical follow up data collection and assisting with data analysis for patients participating in clinical trials
- Attend clinics or other ambulatory care sessions including those in MCRU as needed for the purpose of seeing new referrals for trials and for review of patients participating in relevant clinical research activities such as ongoing trials.
- Attend and present at educational and operational meetings on relevant topics including but not limited to MCRU internal meetings
Work with us! Your reward is to work in a collaborative environment which will provide you with opportunities for ongoing training and development. Your benefits will include salary packaging, and employee assistance program.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory National Police Check conducted by Austin Health and if required, a Working With Children Check.
Austin Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
Click on ‘Apply Now’ at the end of this page. You will be directed to sign in/register through the Austin Health Careers Site. Complete the registration process as prompted.
Please note: You will be required to attach copies of the following to your online application:
- Cover letter
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Employment History Datasheet (upload as Selection Criteria Response)
- Fellowship Certificate (where applicable)
- Working with Children's Check Card (where applicable)