Stantec are seeking several driven Graduates to join our Water Engineering team based in our Melbourne office. If the water industry is something you’re passionate about, this is the opportunity for you!
As a global leader in the Water Infrastructure sector, we implement technically innovative water and wastewater solutions to manage and meet increasingly complex regulatory and quality standards while focusing on sustainable practices. We provide a full suite of integrated water, wastewater, stormwater, and general civil engineering and management advisory services to meet the needs of our clients using the latest innovative industry research and global experience.
You will join a team that works on water engineering projects, not only locally, but across Australia and the wider Asia Pacific region and internationally. You will work with a diverse client set from local government, industry, and private development.
We are seeking Graduates, with a key focus and interest in the following areas:
- Strategic Water Supply and Wastewater Engineering – including water and wastewater infrastructure planning, hydraulic modelling, GIS and data analysis, and water and wastewater demand assessment.
- Civil Engineering – including water and wastewater infrastructure design; and
- Asset Management – including asset and renewal planning and risk assessment.
- Recently graduated with a Bachelor of Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- Prior work experience or a demonstrated interest in developing a career as a Water and Wastewater professional.
- Eagerness to develop key communication skills by dealing with a range of clients and stakeholders including local authorities, government bodies and commercial companies.
- Flexibility as you could be asked to work from other offices at times including client secondments.
- Drive to work towards chartership.
As a graduate at Stantec, you will have many opportunities available to you, including:
- Inclusion in an accredited 2-year graduate development program
- A global young professionals’ network
- Access to global industry leaders through our Practice Leader network
- Ability to work on projects across geographies
- Taking your skills overseas via a young professional’s exchange
- Flexible working environments and excellent employee benefits
- Mentoring, technical support and encouragement
Beginning your career in engineering with Stantec, couldn’t be easier! As an Engineers Australia Partner, we'll pay your membership fees and assist you along the path to registration. You'll have the chance to work on leading-edge projects, fully supported by our comprehensive graduate development program and work alongside some of the industries best professionals.
How to apply:
Submit your most recent CV and Cover Letter outlining your interests to the Water and Wastewater industry and any relevant work experience/studies in this area that you may have.
Graduate Civil or Environmental Engineer - Melbourne
Bachelor of Civil or Environmental Engineering
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Civil Engineering
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!