Job descriptionOverview / Responsibilities: Wood is recruiting a Graduate Engineer to join our Integrity Management team based in Perth. The role will report to the Team Lead - Integrity Management at an exciting time of continued team growth and ongoing expansion.
With 40,000 professionals, across 60 countries, Wood is one of the world’s leading consulting and engineering companies operating across energy, sustainability and renewable sectors. United by our common purpose to unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges, we are future ready, now.
Our ideal applicant will have completed their degree in Process / Chemical / Mechanical / Structural / Subsea Engineering / Digital Science from an accredited University. Those with an interest in Data Science / Data Analytics and have pursued further studies in this field are encouraged to apply.
On joining the team you will be an active member of a collaborative, dynamic and technically skilled group. This is a sensational opportunity for those keen to explore Integrity Management and / or Reliability Engineering and develop their professional and technical skills, gain hands on experience and making an impact within a supportive team. Our successful candidate will quickly be involved in providing consulting and engineering solutions, understanding the issues of key clients and responding by delivering improved outcomes while balancing integrity, safety, performance and cost.
This position forms part of our Graduate campaign with an immediate commencement. On joining Wood as a Graduate you will be enrolled in our two year Graduate Development Program targeting ongoing technical and professional development. In the program you will learn:
- Project Management Essentials
- Presentation Skills
- Risk Management Essentials
- Work in High Performance Teams
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Change and the Learning Organisation
- Enrolment in external Project Management course
- Ongoing professional development supplemented by technical training
- Attend induction events to help you understand our culture and its importance to our future, as well as give you opportunities to meet and network with your fellow graduates across the company
- Awareness of the wider Wood portfolio and how our company fits together
- How to navigate your career and grow your career
To ensure your application is eligible you must upload a copy of both your CV and academic transcript. Our suggestion is to merge your CV and transcript into one document (.pdf) prior to uploading.
Applicants must be either an Australian citizen or hold Permanent Residency (PR) to be considered for this role. Skills / Qualifications:
At Wood it takes a diverse range of people to achieve the level of impact we are having on the global energy sector. As a successful member of the Graduate Program, you will have completed your degree by the end of June 2022 or earlier. We are looking for energetic people who are highly motivated, have a 'hands on' approach, organised, curious, proactive and self-disciplined.
- Degree in Process / Chemical / Mechanical / Structural / Subsea Engineering / Digital Science from an accredited University
- Further qualifications or working toward a degree in Commerce / Business / Data Analytics / Data Science or previous commercial exposure would be advantageous
- Previous experience or appreciation for how work is conducted in operational facilities to maintain safety, reliability and performance
- Ability to demonstrate that you are a strong communicator – you can clearly articulate your ideas, your passion and perspective both in person and in writing
- Confidence to ask questions, seek help, make decisions and challenge the norm
- Flexible, adaptable, open minded and technically curious
- Proactive self-starter that is driven to succeed with a positive attitude
- Problem solver with the capacity to grow and develop
- Empathetic toward the needs of others
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty and humility
- Understanding of risk and risk mitigation strategies
- Reasonable level of confidence when speaking in an open forum
- Strong IT skills and ideally have a keen interest in programming and data analysis
- Capacity to learn and pro-actively seek and provide feedback
- Good understanding of the benefits of respecting and appreciating what makes people different