Graduate Registered Nurse
Darwin Private Hospital 2023 Graduate Nurse Program
Our Graduate Program assists you to make the transition from student nurse/midwife to an independent professional in a supportive environment.
- A structured graduate program
- A supportive graduate network
- A Mentorship program
- Flexible working arrangements
- 2 Clinical rotations for Acute Medical/Surgical and Sub-Acute Medical/Rehabilitation programs
- Specialty Program (Mental Health and Perioperative) available to suitable candidates
Darwin Private Hospital is the only provider of private hospital services in the Northern Territory. As part of the Healthscope Group of Hospitals, it is a licenced 150 bed hospital providing a broad range of multiday and day surgery including Paediatrics, Cardiac Catheterisation, General Surgery, Orthopaedics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Plastic and Reconstructive, ENT, Urology, Gastroenterology and ENT. Our services include a dedicated maternal and neonatal unit, paediatric unit, acute medical surgical unit, rehabilitation unit, mental health and AoD unit and an angiography suite.
Graduates are our future and we offer access to all clinical areas of the hospital as well as support for post-graduate programs in clinical specialties after successful completion of your graduate year (Scholarship post-graduate study is available to Australian citizens and residents only).
- Applications open – 3rd of August 2022
- Applications close -31st of August 2022
- Applications assessed – September /October 2022
- Short list for Interview – October / November 2022
- 1st Round Offers - November 2022 - Applicants have one week to accept in writing
- 2nd Round Offers – November/December 2022 – Applicants have one week to accept in writing
- Grad Program commences – 6th of March 2023
The Graduate Program at Darwin Private Hospital is aimed at enhancing the professional development of each graduate by:
- Recognising and incorporating individual learning needs and personal attributes into a responsive supported education program
- Facilitating the transition from student to registered practitioner in a supportive clinical environment, utilising clinical teachers, peer support and preceptorship
- Providing documented evidence of each graduate’s experience as part of their professional portfolio development
Items to include in your application are:
- Letter of application including reason why you wish to join our program and indicating if you have a particular area of clinical interest
- Curriculum vitae including contact details of 2 referees. One referee must be a clinical teacher, preceptor or other senior nurse that you have reported to during a clinical placement
- Academic Transcript (unofficial transcript is acceptable)
- Copies of three recent clinical placement assessments
To be eligible for the program you must complete all clinical placements and hold AHPRA Registration prior to the Graduate Program Commencement Date.
Graduate program information night
Monday 12th September 2022 from 5.00pm – 6:00pm in DPH Boardroom. Light refreshments provided. Zoom option will be available to registered attendees.
RSVP to register your attendance:
e-mail: [email protected]
Applications close: Wednesday the 31st of August 2022
For further enquiries: Zoe Boyle, Clinical Nurse Educator - [email protected]