Barry.Nilsson. is a national law firm with a 58 year history and over 350 staff. We have an award winning reputation for leadership in insurance & health and family law.
For the last 3 years, BN has been listed as an Employer of Choice in the Australasian Lawyer Employer of Choice awards.
Our people describe our culture as friendly, professional and energetic and 93% of our employees would recommend that their friends consider working for us. We also offer plenty of flexibility with flexible hours and remote working opportunities available to everyone.
Our Insurance & Health department is headed up by 29 well-respected principals across six states. The group is recognised throughout the insurance industry for producing high quality advice and delivering exceptional service. The team handles claims across all major classes of insurance and acts for the biggest names in the insurance industry, both locally and overseas. The principals that head up the team for this role are Peter Murdoch and Megan Daniel.
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Associate to join our team in Brisbane. The role offers a broad range of public liability and general insurance work for an array of clients with a focus on personal injury.
The Successful Candidate:
This role will suit a candidate with the following:
- previous defendant insurance (preferably public liability) experience;
- ability to manage own file load;
- ability to build strong client relationships with a focus on client service;
- strong communication skills;
- ability to mentor junior practitioners; and
- enthusiastic and pragmatic approach
Barry.Nilsson. offers a broad range of benefits including:
- a firm laptop/tablet for all employees to support our agile working model;
- flexibility including working from home and purchase of leave options;
- annual performance bonus (subject to eligibility criteria);
- structured mentoring, as well as internal and external training and education;
- casual office environment including dress for your day policy;
- access to our health and wellbeing program ‘BN Well’ which includes a health & wellbeing day and a yearly allowance;
- up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave for all parents; and
- support to undertake pro bono legal work, secondments and industry appointments.