We welcome fearless thinkers.
For over 100 years, Maurice Blackburn has stood up for those who need us most. With courage and compassion, we extend access to justice to countless Australians. We look beyond the immediate challenge to support people in moments that matter across their lives, and continually push for better solutions for our clients. We invest in and empower our people to stand up for what we believe in and go fearlessly forward together.
We work on real cases, achieving important and positive results in real people’s lives, which is why we are one of Australia’s most respected law firms. Maurice Blackburn, experience you can count on.
How will you contribute to ensuring access to justice for all?
We are looking for a Legal Assistant to join a purpose-driven firm, where you can feel your impact from day one. Based in our Maroochydore office you will work side-by side with a Senior Associate Lawyer and paralegal to provide quality administrative and legal support managing a rewarding and busy caseload of client files across work, road and public liability injuries. Your responsibilities will include managing incoming calls, liaising with clients, prepare bills, file management and booking appointments.
The experience we are looking for
- Experience working within a Personal Injuries/Insurance practice group is desirable but not essential provided you have administration experience
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal) with a diverse range of clients;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Ability to work in a high paced environment with competing demands;
- Ability to work in a team either in person or remotely; and
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.
Our People Commitment comes with the following benefits
- Ongoing coaching and career development opportunities delivered by our Learning & Development team
- 22 Weeks Parental leave with your superannuation guaranteed and back-to-work transition policy
- End of Year leave, 1 day first year, 3 days after 2 years
- Comprehensive mental health framework, including wellbeing leave (up to 4 extra days per year) and a $299 reimbursement
- A hybrid flex model with ergonomic reimbursements for your home set up
- Salary Continuance & Life Insurance
- 17.5% Annual Leave Loading
… just to name a few. *T's & C's apply
Our shared values represent what we stand for and guide how we act, with Courage; Compassion; Collaboration; Fairness and Tenacity.
We offer you a safe, supportive and collaborative environment, backed by inclusive leaders and progressive people policies, where you can be your authentic self and thrive. Here we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture, enriched by differences in ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age and family arrangements. We love that you have a life outside of work and we’re happy to support yours. Applications from First Nations People are encouraged.
Are you ready to join us on a journey to extend access to justice to more Australians, in an organisation and role in which every action you take makes a difference? Apply now.
Our Circle Back Initiative partnership means we’re committed to responding to every applicant.