Established in 1997, RFM manages approximately $1.8b of agricultural assets in two investment funds for which RFM is the responsible entity. Assets are located across New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia and Victoria.
RFM’s largest fund under management, the Rural Funds Group (RFF), is an ASX-listed real estate investment trust. RFF owns a $1.3b portfolio of diversified agricultural assets including almond and macadamia orchards, premium vineyards, water entitlements, cattle and cropping assets, all of which are leased to quality tenants.
RFM operates under the guiding motto: “Managing good assets with good people” and is seeking a good person to join the team.
About the opportunity
An exciting opportunity has become available for a safety focused and proactive farm hand to join our southern macadamia orchards team. The role will provide support to our macadamia orchard in Beerwah, Queensland. We are looking for candidates who are self-motivated, willing to follow directions and enjoy working outdoors.
Reporting to the Orchard Supervisor you will be involved in:
- All aspects of farm work including planting, pruning, operating machinery, installation and maintenance of irrigation systems, mowing and general orchard maintenance
- Assisting with the herbicide and pesticide application and
- Complying with company policies and applicable laws, particularly in relation to work health and safety.
- You will hold a current C class drivers’ licence
- You will be motivated, with a strong work ethic
- You will be enthusiastic and eager to learn
- You can work safely and follow instructions
The following criteria are not essential but candidates meeting these requirements will be highly regarded.
- Previous farm experience and use of farm machinery
- Experience maintaining farm machinery
- Chemical Users Certificate
- Forklift ticket
- Certificate II/III in Rural Studies, Horticulture or Agriculture
On offer is an hourly rate based on your skills and experience. Candidate skills and experience will be assessed against the classifications within the Horticulture Award. This role is for an immediate start and candidates may be evaluated prior to the closing date for this position.
To apply, forward a covering letter addressing the above criteria and resume by 26th August 2022. This role is for an immediate start and candidates may be evaluated prior to the closing date for this position.
At RFM we value inclusion and encourage applicants from different backgrounds to apply. A great place to work with good people, striving for precision and excellence in everything we do.