BaptistCare support thousands of people across 75 locations in NSW and the ACT. From humble beginnings in 1944, BaptistCare has grown into one of the nation’s most respected care and community services providers.
About BaptistCare Bethshan Gardens Aged Care Facility
Wyee is a picturesque town in the Lake Macquarie region of New South Wales, surrounded by lakes, close to beaches and near the Sydney-Newcastle Freeway. Bethshan Gardens consists of 134 beds.
About the role
At BaptistCare, we’re about our residents. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will play a powerful role in helping in the labouring duties associated with grounds & lawns maintenance and general maintenance activities, including but not limited to sweeping, hosing, garbage collection and disposal as well as painting and maintenance & repairing equipment as required. You will also be keeping the outside of buildings clean and tidy, other gardening duties.
The role is permanent part time for 45 hours per fortnight, additional hours will be required from time to time. Work days are negotiable but you will be required to work every Friday.
Experience in aged care and residential facilities is desirable but not essential. General computer skills are essential and you must hold a current NSW driver’s license.
- Previous experience as a labourer highly desired
- You have a hands-on approach with a "can do attitude"
- Confidence using hand power tools including Lawn and Gardening tools
- Trade certificate not required
- Enjoys lawn maintenance & gardening and working outdoors
- Has an understanding of Work, Health and Safety practices
- Willingness to obtain chemical handling training
- Salary packaging + meal and entertainment card
- Access to in-house and online training programs
- Supportive, positive team environment
- Access to family friendly benefits like our EAP and Flourish programs
- Comprehensive Residential Aged Care industry training
- Not-for-Profit Organisation with over 75 years’ experience
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date. Closing Date is subject to change without notice.
Successful applications will be subject to a variety of background checks including police background check via our online police check system.