Job descriptionLocation: Castlemaine
Job Type: Permanent / Full Time
Salary: AU$70000.00 - AU$80000.00 per annum
Contact: Katie Newman
About the company
Our client is a highly recognised name in the food production sector with a strong track record of developing finance talent within their organisation.
About the role
This is a full-time permanent position based in Castlemaine, Victoria. The Cost/Management Accountant role reports into the Finance Business Partner within one of the divisions in the Finance Operations team.
The Cost/Management Accountant's key responsibilities are:
- Weekly and monthly accounting including variance analysis and reporting for direct material usage variance & labour and provide insight into the weekly drivers of variations to forecast.
- Ensure product costs are updated in a timely and accurate manner. Work closely with internal stakeholders including the Operations team and Finance Business Partner to ensure products are costed accurately.
- A key focus of this role is business partnering with internal stakeholders and building these relationships to further understand productions and operations.
- Month end journals, ad hoc analysis, support to Ops Finance team and Operations Finance Manager on projects/initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with stocktake & cycle counting process.
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate strong commercial acumen gained in your previous roles and have an aptitude for gathering and understanding data. This role should provide an excellent platform for you to develop your skills and further your career. To be considered, please apply now.
Exposure to costing in manufacturing/production/FMCG sectors desirable but not necessary.