Job descriptionManager, Regional Engagement and Coordination – Latrobe
- $127,467 - $170,579 (plus superannuation
- Fixed Term up to 4 years
- Usual hours of work: Full Time (flexibility may be available)
Located in the Partnerships & Governance branch of the 2026 Commonwealth Games Organising Committee (OC), the Manager, Regional Engagement and Coordination will lead, support and advise on regional engagement to ensure engagement and involvement of regional stakeholders is represented across all components of delivering a regional games.
Situated in Morwell you will develop and maintain partnerships across a variety of key internal and external stakeholders, enabling two-way dialogue between the OC and local government, commercial, community and sporting organisations. Working with these partners, you will develop deep knowledge of ongoing 2026 Commonwealth Games operational and delivery issues and will use this knowledge to support decision-making at key executive committees and ministerial offices. The role requires demonstrated project management and implementation experience, working with a broad range of stakeholders to support the delivery of major events and infrastructure.
A detailed understanding and an experience of engagement in regional communities as well as successfully navigating stakeholder complexity will be highly valued, as will existing networks and relationships across either Bendigo, Ballarat or Morwell. The ideal candidate will also bring policy experience.
High-level interpersonal and communications skills in stakeholder engagement and leadership based on the values of accountability, integrity and respect will be essential to success in this role.
- This role will initially be situated within DJPR but will transfer to the Victoria 2026 Organising Committee once the entity is formally established after September 2022. This role will be regionally based and the incumbent may need to travel to or from regional locations to support delivery of the Victorian Regional Commonwealth Games.
- Leverage the capability of direct reports to develop and maintain partnerships across a variety of key internal and external stakeholders including local government, sporting organisations, infrastructure and Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander communities, as well as senior-level executive committees and ministerial offices.
- Initiate, plan and deliver assigned projects in the implementation of the Commonwealth Games engagement strategy by liaising with stakeholders and across government.
- Provide timely and high-quality policy analysis and advice to relevant committees and the OC executive team to support the execution of the Committee's strategic objectives.
- Prepare written briefs, advice and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders, including executive management, stakeholders and Ministerial offices, conveying complex concepts and information.
- Represent the branch at key meetings with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate leadership through high-level interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships with stakeholders, including the ability to negotiate, influence and build consensus across interest groups, private and public sector organisations, and building commitment to a solution focus on complex, sensitive issues.
Applicants will be required to comply with the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Region's (department's) COVID-19 Vaccination requirements, in line with the Chief Health Officer (CHO) Directions and any other legislative requirements, directions, policies or procedures, including but not limited to any requirement to provide evidence of vaccination status.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a National Police Records Check prior to commencing employment with the Department. For further information on the position, please refer to the attached position description.
Please note: If you require an adjustment to participate in any stage of the recruitment process or have a particular requirement to be communicated with by either telephone or email only, please notify the DJPR Recruitment Team at [email protected] with the position number in the subject line.
How to Apply
Please click the ‘Apply Now' button. As part of the application process, As part of the application process, you will need to provide a copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria outlined in the position description.
Applications close at midnight on 29 August 2022.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Just Cuts Townsville- Willows, Casteltown, Stockland Townsville QLD 4810 $54,000 - $65,000 a year 3 days ago