We are seeking an exceptionally organised Medical Receptionist to join our team. You will be well presented, able to communicate on all levels of the organisation and be able to manage and prioritise multiple competing work tasks.
Employment Type: Permanent and Temporary Part Time positions available
Position Classification: Administration Officer (Level 3)
Remuneration: $30.76 - $31.77 per hour
Hours Per Week: 8 and 13
Requisition ID: REQ332226
Where you'll be working
This position is located at Hornsby Hospital. There may be a requirement for the applicant to, on occasion, work at our additional site at Brooklyn.
This advertisement seeks applications for Wednesdays and Fridays as well as an additional half day throughout the week (to be negotiated with the successful candidate)
What you'll be doing
The receptionist is the first point of contact for patients, doctors, specialists, and other health professionals. As such, the successful candidate will be pleasant, courteous, highly professional, and able to interact with a wide and diverse cohort of people.
You will be working in a supportive environment but will display a high level of ability to make decisions on your own.
This role will support the current 3 receptionists, flexibility will be required to cover and rotate days for any potential roster changes
People of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander background encouraged to apply.
Candidates will need to meet the following criteria:
- Consistently demonstrates behaviours that reinforce the CORE Values of our organisation; Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment. Demonstrates these behaviours with all stakeholders; colleagues, direct reports, as well as our patients and consumers, and those that care for them.
- Highly professional phone manner and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be self-motivated with good time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated understanding regarding confidentiality.
- Well-developed computer skills including accurate data entry skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility with work duties and location.
- Demonstrated skills working in a team environment with the ability to exercise own initiative.
- Understanding of the role of a General Practice and general practitioners.
Need more information?
For role related queries or questions contact Tamara Kopeliaris on [email protected]
All NSW Health workers are required to have two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, as defined by NSW Health. Employees working in a clinical area or are required to attend clinical areas are considered category A. Category A positions are required to provide evidence of having received three doses of COVID-19 vaccine in accordance with the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (TGA) and meet the requirements of the Occupational Assessment Screening and Vaccination Against Specified Infectious Diseases Policy Directive.
Acceptable proof of vaccination is the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement or AIR COVID-19 Digital Certificate.
Applications Close: 18 August 2022