Since 1911, National Pharmacies has been caring for the community providing access and value for our members in the dispensing of quality medications, optical and beauty ranges and the provision of health services. With our roots firmly planted in South Australia we have expanded into the eastern states of Australia and celebrate over 260,000 members across our 46 community pharmacies and 20 optical outlets.
We give back to the communities in which we operate through a number of sponsorship and support programs. We are the faces behind the National Pharmacies Christmas Pageant, where we get to walk arm in arm with our valued members; support junior sport programs with our involvement with the National Pharmacies SANFL juniors and a number of local sports sponsorships; support KickStart for Kids with various fundraising drives, and most recently the 20/20 project providing free glasses for members children aged 12 years and under.
Our organisation is underpinned by our values of care, communicate, collaborate and celebrate.
About The Role...
As a Pharmacist you will be providing professional advice and counselling with exceptional communication and customer service skills. You will be responsible for the dispensing of prescriptions, stock control and assisting the Pharmacist in Charge in the day to day running of the pharmacy. You may be required to be the pharmacist on duty if working on your own. The successful candidate will live our values and have energy and determination to succeed.
This is a unique opportunity to work for an organisation that will support your ongoing professional development. A broad range of employee benefits are also available such as pharmacy membership and a wellbeing program.
In this role, you will:
- provide exceptional customer service.
- provide professional counselling and advice to members and customers
- dispense medications
- actively promote and participate in all Professional Services programs
- be committed to continued professional development and education
- maintain up to date knowledge of current pharmacy practice
- maintain all pharmacy guideline standards
What Are We Looking For?
You will have well developed communication and interpersonal skills, excellent personal and professional presentation, be energetic and be dedicated to providing exceptional customer service.
Experience, skills & attributes:
- be a registered pharmacist with APHRA
- high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- professional services and vaccination accreditation desirable
- ability to work in a team environment
- excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- ability to work flexible hours
What's in it for you
- Work for an iconic SA organisation
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to further develop your career
- Corporate Health Fund
- Delight SA's community by participating in the National Pharmacies Christmas Pageant
How to Apply...
Please complete the requested work history & education information on the application page, upload your resume and include any certificates in the education section.
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in the healthcare industry, we want to hear from you!
No agencies please
In SA/VIC public health laws exist which require anyone who works in our pharmacies and optical stores to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine or hold an approved medical exemption. It is therefore a condition of employment that applicants be fully vaccinated and show evidence of being fully vaccinated, or alternatively show evidence of an approved medical exemption. If your application for employment is successful, your employment will be conditional on you providing the requisite evidence.