- Located in Chullora
- Full-time position + competitive hourly rate $$
- Excellent team environment + great employee benefits!
PFD Food Services began life in 1943, and have since expanded rapidly to meet the demand of an ever growing customer base. We are a 100% Australian owned Foodservice company with over 800 company owned trucks and customer service focused drivers making daily deliveries to restaurants, pubs, club sand many more!
The purpose of this role is to maintain all stock in the warehouse and pick orders using safe manual handling procedures in an effective and timely manner. This position will see you working on the Day Shift Shift from Monday to Friday between 6:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Working in a varied temperature controlled environment
- Undertake all duties in a safe, responsible and courteous manner
- Plan, pick and cross check orders
- Ensure warehouse is neat, clean and in a 'ready to pick' state at all times
- Ensure any stock returned by drivers is put back into appropriate bin locations or put in appropriate damaged or low code locations
- Assist in all site stock takes
- Load/unload containers and delivery vehicles as required
Key Competencies, Skills and Qualifications
- Previous forklift experience (preferable)
- Must have cold storage experience
- Experience picking orders preferably in the food service industry
- Good communication skills
- A sound understanding of stock control
- Possess a high level of accuracy with attention to detail
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Flexible and adaptable
What PFD is Offering the Successful Candidate
We are offering competitive remuneration, superannuation and other staff benefits (such as discounts on staff purchases, discounted accommodation, health insurance and banking). Should you be eligible, the company may also offer nationally recognised Certificate III training.
Please submit your application (cover letter and resume) via the apply now link below
As part of our recruitment process, do you agree to undertake employment checks? These checks may include a medical assessment (including a drug and alcohol test), National Police History Check, Working With Children/Vulnerable Groups Check, Licence Validation/Demerit Point Check.
Please note: We do not accept unsolicited CV's from Recruitment agencies / third parties and we will not be liable or responsible for any fees or costs associated with unsolicited CV's sent directly to Line Managers.
PFD Food Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $28.00 – $30.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Overtime pay
- Driver Licence (Preferred)
- Australia (Preferred)