An opportunity exists for a motivated, innovative and experienced analyst to join our Data Analytics and Insights team. The Principal Analyst will support data management and reporting tools, assist internal business stakeholders with data reporting and develop innovative solutions to meet APRA's business needs.
This role is vital to ensuring that APRA is able to disseminate the data that it collects, facilitating data-enabled decision making and underpinning APRA's core reporting and publications, along with supporting APRA's risk and supervisory teams.
In this role you will:
- Support the development of APRA's data collections and taxonomy design to facilitate report building and data querying
- Develop automated processes around the collection, storage and dissemination of data
- Support data analysis and publication of APRA's statistics
- Work closely with relevant internal teams to explore and establish supporting infrastructure
- Provide expertise and translate the business needs to design; and develop tools, techniques, and metrics for insights and reporting
- Lead, coach and develop peers
- Work with IT testers to determine test scope, approach and test cases when testing reports and calculations
- Plan and undertake change management actions, including stakeholder engagement and training
To be successful you will have strong R programming skills and proven data analytics skills including: mining data, interpreting results, a good understanding of database structures, as well as experience in reviewing technical functional specifications. Experience with Python, SAS, SQL and DevOps would be an advantage.
As part of the Data Analytics & Insights team, the successful candidate will have the ability to manage the needs and expectations of a variety of stakeholders. You will have robust stakeholder management skills to gather complex reporting requirements and deliver targeted, clear and impactful data visualisations to facilitate data-enabled decision making.
Within APRA the Data Analytics & Insights team leads the way by providing reporting and forward looking analytics to help drive well-informed supervision and strategic decisions. In order to deliver this the team collects and distributes data both internally within APRA and externally to the other agencies and the industry.