R&D DevOps Engineer
Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ that delivers ultra-high performance at high resolution, even at incredibly far distances. Today, Baraja LiDAR is already deployed in multiple verticals, working with global automotive and industrial partners.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia, we also have offices in the US, China and Europe. We are funded by Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Ventures and we are excited to continue growing the team.
Join our talented engineering team to assist with design, development, test, and maintenance of software DevOps systems. Bring your experience, flexibility and ability to think "outside the box", to come up with innovative solutions to unusual problems.
This is an exceptional opportunity to develop a focused DevOps function for a cutting-edge deep-tech product engineering team, to maintain the integrity of build and test automation for constantly evolving products and systems.
So if you are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic role in a start-up we are keen to hear from you!
Inside the Job
- Design, develop and maintain Firmware and Software CI/CD pipelines
- Provision and maintain automated build systems, automated test infrastructure
- Integrate CI/CD automation with software development processes
- Work with key stakeholders to find areas for efficiency improvements in CI/CD and build automation
- Design and develop dashboards and metrics for evaluating development and build efficiency
- Maintains Cloud and OnPrem CI/CD infrastructure, commissioning and decommissioning depending on the Engineering team needs
- Bachelor's or higher in Computer Science, Software/Electrical/Electronic engineering or equivalent
- Current permit to work full time in Australia on an ongoing basis
- Proven experience developing and maintaining CI/CD systems
- Experience with provisioning cloud services, virtual machines, docker containers
- Experience developing automated build and test scripts
- Experience creating and configuring Jenkins jobs
- Experience using GIT or another version control tool
- Great communication skills, oral and written
- Professional, customer-focussed attitude
- Experience with build systems for embedded applications
- Experience using Linux
- Experience with development support in a regulated environment (medical, automotive, defence, rail, other)
- Experience with requirements tracking and test management in a regulated environment (medical, automotive, defence, rail, other).
Be part of a high-performance team
We work toward our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We are pretty good at what we do (but definitely not perfect), so you'll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we've wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - Passion to achieve. Resilience & learning. What's the next challenge?
Build the machine that builds the machine - It's not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
Develop sustained high performance - Great teams make great things. They also respectfully challenge each other to reach the next milestone.
What we can offer you
- Healthy lunch provided
- Wellness Budget
- Internal progression opportunities
- ESOP offering & remuneration package
- Monthly social events
- Volunteer day
- Team lunches
- Social sporting teams i.e. hiking, soccer, frisbee and table tennis.
What are you waiting for? If this role excites you, we're keen to have a chat!
R&D DevOps Engineer