Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent positions
- Full time or Part-time applications invited – up to 80 hrs per fortnight
- Registered Nurse Grade 2
- Location: Alfred Hospital - Fairfield House
- Great staff benefits!
Department and Position
The Alfred Cancer program comprises service units providing clinical and research excellence in the fields of medical oncology, radiation oncology, haematology, bone marrow transplant, haemophilia, melanoma and palliative care. Alfred Cancer governs the delivery of comprehensive cancer care across the organisation, providing clinical care for patients affected by cancer, blood disorders and at the end of life. Alfred Cancer is looking for motivated, enthusiastic, patient centred Registered Nurses to join our hardworking team. You will have:
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent patient care to general medicine, medical oncology and palliative care patients
- Experience working to achieve positive patient outcomes within a team environment
- Haematology/Oncology/Palliative Care experience (desirable)
Qualifications and Experience
- Registered with Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia via AHPRA
- Demonstrates the appropriate competencies and skills as per the relevant Registered Nurse classification
- Be a motivated individual who enjoys the challenge of working in a team environment
- Possess a strong understanding and background of Patient-Centred care
- Have the ability to maintain a high level of communication with patients, staff, and visitors
- Be available to work on a rotating roster (morning, afternoon & night duty)
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Easy public transport access and discounted staff car parking
For further inquiries regarding the role contact: Simone Waterman (Nurse Unit Manager) 0477 461 814 or [email protected]
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.