Location: Melbourne, VIC, AU
Company: metrotrainMetro is a multi-award winning organisation and we pride ourselves on our team of high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance feel comfortable to bring their best to work, and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world class railway service.
As the Level Crossing Removal Project continues to deliver a safer and more efficient train network. The experience gained in this exciting, multi-disciplinary environment will be valuable to building your career in rail construction over the next 5+ years.
Metro Trains Level Crossing Removal Team (MLXRT) are currently seeking expressions of interest from risk, systems safety or safety assurance professionals for multiple Risk & System Safety Assurance roles across our Level Crossing Removal Program.
Reporting to Risk & System Safety Assurance Managers this is a great opportunity of develop your career in a mature risk and assurance environment. As part of MLXRT Safety, Environment, Risk and Quality (SERQ) Team and Projects Delivery teams, the Risk & Systems Safety Assurance function plays a key role in the implementation and control of MTM risk management strategies and LXRP’s system safety assurance processes to minimise all forms of risk and maximise opportunities for the projects within the Alliance.
These positions are offered on a full-time permanent basis, based from nominated Alliance offices within the Melbourne Metropolitan Region with flexible working arrangements on offer.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Help manage whole of project lifecycle risks, from project development to project handback.
- Facilitate risk workshops and generate risk registers and risk reports as required for all facets of risk.
- Champion the MTM risk management process within the MTM Projects Division
- Pro-actively ensure that Project staff and contractors have an awareness of the importance of risk management and comply with all legal obligations and Metro policies, procedures and guidelines
- Provide assurance to key stakeholders that project is managing safety SFAIRP
- Production of safety documentation in line with MTM’s system safety assurance requirements and criteria
- Conduct MTM related Hazard Identification and Analyses
- Facilitation or attendance at relevant Projects and risk-related meetings including formal written reports and verbal presentations
- Tertiary qualification or experience in a suitable field is desirable
- Risk Management qualifications are desirable
- Demonstrated experience in project delivery incorporating risk management; design office or a construction environment is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written skills,
- Critical thinking, analytical assessment and problem solving abilities
- Strong capabilities in consultation and interpersonal relationships management
- Working knowledge of safety-related standards
- Demonstrated experience in the development of hazard analysis and risk assessment’s
Why work for the Metro Level Crossing Removal Team (MLXRT) ?
- Our ongoing involvement in the exciting pipeline of major rail projects
- Career development support and opportunities to learn new skills within a multi-disciplinary environment
- A collaborative team of passionate people who are dedicated to delivering projects that improve the safety and reliability of Melbourne’s rail network
- MTM support flexible work options, a mixture of office based working & working from home
- Competitive remuneration on offer consumerate with experience
- Free Myki Travel across the Victorian Network
These are fantastic opportunities to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters. If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you! Applications close Sunday August 21st, 2022
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.