Job descriptionAcoustic Consultant - Perth
About the business and the role
SLR is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. With offices across Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and Africa, SLR is one of a very small number of truly international specialist environmental consultancies.
SLR has a great opportunity within the Acoustics & Vibration team for an ambitious individual to join our high performing and friendly team. This is a full-time position based in Perth. You will be working with a well-established team of Acoustics and Vibration Consultants who have a passion and knowledge including environmental and transport noise and vibration, as well as building and architectural acoustics and underwater acoustics.
If you are tired of being in a hierarchical environment and feeling held back, then come join SLR where we promote within, we don’t set limits and you are given the opportunity to shine and take a lead on projects!
Key ResponsibilitiesJob tasks and responsibilities
You will be responsible for carrying out high profile and large-scale projects within APAC region and beyond which will require a broad knowledge and understanding of noise modelling and measurement/monitoring methodologies and techniques to solve problems.
- You will carry out technical tasks which will require accuracy in calculations, data analysis, modelling, design and on site testing.
- With the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects, work in the following areas is expected; environmental noise monitoring, building acoustics, 3D computer noise modelling (desirable but not mandatory), numerical analysis of results and associated reporting.
- You will be comfortable mentoring / guiding junior level staff and managing client relationships.
- The role may involve short term regional, domestic or international travel depending on the project.
- As well as delivering projects, your role would include the opportunity to develop your business development skills to bring your own influence to the breadth and range of projects the team works on – with support from senior team members as needed.
Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate will have a willingness to challenge their capabilities and be an innovative thinker as well as possess:
- A relevant bachelor degree (ideally mechanical engineering or science (physics)). Postgraduate qualifications will be an advantage;
- There is no lower or upper limit on years of experience. Salary package will be commensurate with your experience;
- Demonstrable experience in managing client relationships / business development;
- A proven record of high level project delivery and working independently will be highly favourable to your application.
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary, flexible work environment and a positive team culture.
Cultural fit and shared vision are very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people and continue to do brilliant work. If you are practical, client focused and highly motivated – we'd love to hear from you.