Sportsmed is an industry leading healthcare provider with a private orthopaedic hospital and specialist clinics, offering patients access to modern and innovative healthcare in state-of-the art facilities.
Specialising in preventative care, treatment and rehabilitation for a range of ailments, injuries and conditions, we have a variety of services available at several convenient locations. Our services include orthopaedic surgeons, physiotherapy, sports doctors, podiatry, massage, exercise physiology, dietitian, psychology, clinical pilates and a gym.
Sportsmed is one of South Australia's leading and trusted healthcare providers with over 300 employees, a 45-bed private hospital, a 16-chair day surgery suite, 5 operating theatres and specialist clinics.
At Sportsmed, culture is everything, we offer a flexible, family friendly approach and the opportunity for a hybrid working environment.
About The Role
This position is a 12 month contract offering full time or 0.8 FTE. Reporting to the Director - People & Culture, the Senior People & Culture Advisor is responsible for providing leadership and influence across the organisation in the areas of employee relations, industrial relations and injury and return to work case management in conjunction with the Safety & Wellbeing Manager.
Partnering with a diverse group of managers and leaders in the business to provide advice across all areas of P&C including performance management, recruitment and retention, engagement and training and remuneration advice. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Lead from the front in enhancing sportsmed’s culture through collaboration with partners and stakeholders.
- Strongly engage with organisational teams to understand issues from their perspective and ensure high staff morale and engagement levels.
- Provide leadership across the organisation on employment lifecycle and talent management by constantly improving attraction, recruitment, on-boarding, induction, ongoing working relationships and ensuring sportsmed’s processes and behaviours improve organisational performance.
- Provide coaching and training to managers and supervisors to support them in having authentic and robust conversations that lead to positive behavioural change.
- Ensure Managers are assisted with the investigation and resolution of employee relations and industrial claims of inappropriate workplace behaviours / conflict in a timely manner.
- Ensure managers and staff utilise the Employee Management System as intended and provide support and training as required.
- Lead, support and guide senior management and staff to gain their support and commitment in achieving the organisation’s objectives and provide appropriate mentoring, development and feedback to enable staff to perform productively.
Communicate in a manner that builds rapport, stimulates collaboration and cooperation, fosters a cooperative approach and is effective.
We are seeking a senior HR professional with strong leadership abilities, excellent communication skills and stakeholder management to influence and deliver organisational objectives and outcomes.
The successful candidate will hold a relevant tertiary qualification in human resources, employee relations, industrial relations, or related area, and relevant experience in a small to medium sized organisation. The incumbent will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders to deliver outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships and build rapport.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to influence and guide others with regards to employee relations, industrial relations and injury and return to work case management in conjunction with the Safety & Wellbeing Manager.
Experience in, or willing to quickly learn, employee relations, industrial relations and injury and return to work case management.
A current Working with Children Certificate is required together with evidence of your up to date COVID-19 vaccination status.
Sportsmed is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. We have a strong culture of inclusivity and we encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.