Job descriptionReference Number: S100-22-736 Closing Date: 23-08-2022 Employment Type: Temporary Full Time (2 years)
- Influential role within the Assets and Operations Directorate
- An attractive salary of up to $111,494 per annum plus superannuation
- 9-day fortnight, family friendly policies and other great employee benefits
Waverley is a diverse and innovative Council located in the heart of Sydney's Eastern Suburbs. Our recently appointed General Manager is leading an exciting program of organisational change to position Waverley as one of the leading Local Government Areas in NSW. Taking in some of Sydney's most beautiful and iconic beaches including the world famous Bondi Beach, and encompassing a part of Sydney's Global economic corridor at Bondi Junction, Waverley Council is an amazing place to broaden your career.
As Senior Project Officer, you will take responsibility for managing a range of key projects for the Assets and Operations directorate. You will coordinate Council’s Capital Works Program, including reporting requirements including preparation of the Capital Works Program Budget Review for Council each quarter and coordinate capital and operational grants including approvals and reporting. You will also provide strategic advice on community and organisational issues particularly in relation to traffic and transport, parking and infrastructure assets.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including report-writing and presentation skills;
- A well-organised and methodical approach to your work with solid computer skills across a range of packages;
- Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills;
- Well-developed research skills; and
- An ability to work as a team member at a senior level.
Waverley Council is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all candidates. We encourage applications from people from diverse groups, including, but not limited to, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people; people from culturally diverse backgrounds; young people; older workers; people with disabilities; LGBTI; and other minority groups.
Please refer to the position description below for detailed information on the position and required skills and experience
For more information contact Sharon Cassidy on 9083 8690