Job descriptionUnitingCare Queensland are inviting applications for a Senior Quality, Safety and Compliance Manager to provide strong leadership in effective management of Clinical Governance systems across UnitingCare Hospitals.
UnitingCare operates one of the largest not-for-profit private hospital groups in Queensland, encompassing The Wesley Hospital, St Andrews War Memorial Hospital, Buderim Private Hospital and St Stephen’s Hospital. We are proud to deliver a range of specialist healthcare services out of our four unique hospitals, which are as diverse and special as the communities they serve.
UnitingCare are reshaping how we deliver high quality services in the ever changing and competitive aged care, disability and health sectors. This transformation will ensure we continue to support the needs of individuals and communities, now and into the future and this role will play an important part in supporting the Group Executive and wider business by providing strategic level advice.
You will be accountable for effective management and improvement of UnitingCare’s Clinical Governance Framework across the Hospital group through leading compliance, development of systems and processes and shared learnings in line with the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards.
You will ensure best practice among Hospital governing standards and promote a culture of safety and Continuous Quality Improvement across the organisation. Collaborating with the Hospital Clinical Governance teams, you will
- Work with the General Manager Clinical Governance, Hospitals and Hospital executive leadership teams in becoming industry leaders in quality and excellence
- Develop and maintain consistency in systems and processes across the organisation to optimise quality safe care and regulatory compliance
- Drive continuous operational quality and safety improvement through strategy execution, KPI’s and process changes
As an experienced healthcare professional, you will present with recent Quality, Safety and Governance leadership experience within a public or private Health setting. Your experience has given you the ability to work autonomously, while building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. You demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills to execute quality outcomes across the Hospital Group.
Ideally, you have previously managed Quality, Safety and Compliance in a large health service, with a strong understanding of person-centred care delivery. You’ll demonstrate skills and experience including:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Health or other relevant discipline, with post graduate qualifications (desirable)
- Extensive knowledge in service delivery and quality systems in the hospital sector
- High level knowledge of relevant regulatory systems and National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards
- Proven track record of continuous quality improvement practices, as well as care and clinical governance practices
- Demonstrated ability to analyse care and clinical indicators to deliver optimal outcomes
What we offer:
Together with The Wesley Hospital, St Andrew’s War Memorial Hospital, Buderim Private Hospital and St Stephen's Hospital, we are part of UnitingCare, the largest not-for-profit provider of healthcare and community services in the state, and home to over 17, 000 employees and 9, 000 volunteers.
Our mission is to improve the health of individuals and their families. We differentiate ourselves by living out our values to optimise patient care and experience through committed and inspired leadership and the dedication of our people. We believe in rewarding and recognising our people through:
- Flexible work-life balance opportunities, including family-friendly rostering
- Increase your take-home pay with Not-for-profit salary packaging options: allocate up to $15,900 of your pre-taxable income to everyday expenses
- Extensive career progression opportunities
- Additional paid parental leave, education leave & additional leave purchases
- One-on-one support from pastoral care team & employee assistance programs
- Access to Inspire portal – discounts on hundreds of retailers, travel & accommodation providers
- Hospital admissions discounts
- Discounted health insurance & gym memberships
To apply for this opportunity, please click on the 'Apply' button below to be taken to our online application process.
Please Note: To ensure the health and safety of our people, and the clients, residents, patients and people we serve at Uniting Care Queensland, all staff are required to comply with statutory and Government requirements, such as public health directions, and Uniting Care's vaccination policy requirements, with respect to COVID-19 vaccinations. The successful applicant must be able to meet Uniting Care's mandate of receiving all recommended doses of approved Covid-19 vaccines (including boosters) approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration and the provision of Covid-19 Certificate before commencing employment.
Our approach is simple –everybody is welcome here. At UnitingCare, diversity is at the core of our who we are, our mission and our values. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees no matter their sex, race, culture, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity. We know that when our people feel respected and valued, we empower them to share that within the communities we serve and to provide the very best care. We highly encourage applications from people who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
Selection Criteria Essential: Please be advised it is a requirement for all UnitingCare employees and volunteers to have received both doses of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Not Essential: Are you currently AHPRA registered?
Essential: Please confirm your base salary / hourly rate expectations, excluding superannuation and salary packaging benefits.
Essential: What is your current notice period?
Contact Person Lily Campbell
Contact Number 0437 976 840
Contact Email [email protected]
Closing Date 14/08/2022
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
ACT Government Health Canberra ACT 13 days ago
Henderson Recruitment Pty Ltd t/a Henderson Healthcare Canberra ACT 30+ days ago