- $36.35 - $40 per hour
- Clayton location
- Work-life balance; spend more time with the people you care about
- Cooked breakky at our monthly Toolbox meetings
- Full PPE gear and a safe working environment
We have an opportunity for a Sports Turf Curator to join our Clayton team to work in our City of Boroondara & City of Stonnington Turf Maintenance Contracts.
Essential responsibilities for the position include:
- Preparation of a range of premier turf surfaces for sport - predominately turf cricket wickets
- Conducting renovations on both sports turf and passive turf
- General mowing (both walk-behind and ride-on mowers) for use on sports grounds and passive turf
- Controlling weeds, preparing and applying pesticides
- Maintaining irrigation systems
- Operating & maintaining machinery
Essential requirements for the position include:
- Minimum 1 years' experience in grounds and open space and/or turf management role
- Certificate III in Sports Turf Management, preferred
- Mechanically minded
- Manual driver's license
- Excellent customer service focus and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously
- Strong safety, environmental, and quality focus
Who are we?
Urban Maintenance Systems (UMS) is "Big Enough to Matter, Small Enough to Care" and that's what makes us a successful facilities and maintenance business.
We are a specialist provider of open space grounds, building/facilities and infrastructure maintenance services to Government, Local Government and private sector organisations throughout Australia.
UMS offers an excellent working environment and conditions and prides itself on our positive culture. If you are looking for a role that is both challenging and rewarding in this field, then please apply!
Successful applicants will be required to complete a pre-medical and police check.
Please note there is an attractive bonus for successful referrals for ALL UMS roles.