Australian aviation is in the midst of the largest ramp up in history. Do you want to help us reconnect Australia with the world? Join our Adelaide airport team as a Storesperson in a permanent full-time position.
What does a typical day look like?
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible for the timely and efficient acceptance of inbound goods and stores destined for use in the catering area.
In a nutshell, your main responsibilities are:
- Ensuring goods required by the catering team are available on time and in the required quantities.
- Ensuring delivered items are packed to acceptable hygiene and other specifications.
- Ensuring the availability of goods and rotation where necessary.
- Managing the stock in the store effectively to ensure space is available for incoming goods as required.
- Maintaining the company’s policy in relation to HACCP. QSAI and WHS in accordance with Federal and State Government Regulations.
- Ensuring all perishable items delivered are color coded stamped and stamped with acceptance date.
- Anticipating potential problems and take appropriate actions to eliminate or manage their impact.
- Managing relationships based on clear KPI’s supported by and effective review mechanism that drives ongoing process and operational improvement.
What do you need to be successful in securing this role?
- Must hold a forklift license with experience.
- Good knowledge of basic HACCP/Food Safety and QSAI requirements.
- Basic understanding of Halal policies and procedures.
- Good knowledge of WHS.
- Good knowledge of Storehouse and procedures.
- Good Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent product knowledge.
- Must have received all three Covid-19 vaccine doses (unless proof of medical exemption is otherwise provided).
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a close knit & dedicated team that is committed to safety.
- Competitive pay rates and penalties.
- Free onsite parking, meals, and uniforms.
- Career development and progression, coupled with national relocation opportunities.
- 5 weeks annual leave.
- Discounts at hundreds of retailers, discounted health insurance and wellbeing resources including online exercise classes.
We provide you with training, certification, and support to set you up for success in your new role.
Your prospective employer:
Part of the Emirates Group, we are Australia’s largest inflight catering and retail partner, food manufacturing and retail, travel retail technology, and airport lounge management. Chosen by many of the world’s top airlines, we operate 15 catering facilities across 9 cities, employ over 4,000 people, produce over 64 million meals, and service over 246 thousand flights each year.
Want to know more about dnata catering and our global businesses? Visits our Australian careers website https://dnatacateringcareers.com.au/ and watch a short video here: https://youtu.be/uLB6BFGdKpE
Does this role sound perfect for you? If so, we want to hear from you.
Please apply using the link below & upload your resume, along with short cover letter outlining your skills, experience & why you would like to join the dnata catering family as a Storesperson.