Location: Melbourne, VIC, AU
Company: metrotrainMetro is a multi-award winning organisation, and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive, and safety focused, and who are at the core of our success.
You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field, but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies, and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote a work/life balance, to allow team members to bring their best to work, and to truly be focused on a common goal: providing a world-class railway service.
Why work at Metro Trains?
- Receive a free Myki Pass that allows free Public Transport in Victoria!
- Excellent remuneration.
- Great opportunities for career advancement and development.
Access a wide range of corporate discounts, including gym offers.
This support is needed through the life cycle of the project from project development through to final asset acceptance, considering the business environment, stakeholder expectations, commercial relationships, opportunity and risk tolerance to deliver the best outcome for MTM. Both projects are now in delivery and the roles will be needed from now through to the first passengers service for each project.
The role requires a subject matter expertise in traction feed substations, knowledge in asset management principles, engineering standards, infrastructure practises and operational systems including working knowledge of the relevant operational interfaces (Operations, Asset Management, Safety, Engineering).
The role also requires project management skills, to roll-out MTM’s readiness strategy, and ensure that we are in the position to maintain all assets at project completion. Strong communication and stakeholder skills are important to success.
Main duties include:
- Responsible for providing technical advice, input, guidance to general queries for infrastructure related MAR/MTP project activities;
- Provide technical interface between Electrical Works and Electrical Networks to see effective delivery of the MAR & MTP substations and high voltage electrical systems;
- Participate in the development of Project requirements, risk assessments, Safety in Design meetings to ensure appropriate SME Infrastructure input is provided;
- Identify and support activities governed under MTM’s Safety Management Systems i.e. SME review of Standard Waivers, Type Approvals, Engineering Change, Management of Change;
- Ability to support type approval process with onsite trials and testing, factory acceptance testing, etc.
- Perform review and assessment of drawings, documents, processes, work practices, materials, suppliers, innovations, to ensure works can be delivered as efficiently and safely as possible for both construction and maintainability requirements;
- Support Rail Projects Victoria (RPV) and their partners to develop and provide design, construction and maintenance solutions that deliver upon the requirements of MTM’s operational requirements to deliver an integrated design and maintenance framework for successful Day 1 operations;
- Advise on maintenance functional requirements and standards that apply to the work to be undertaken;
- Facilitate communications with the broader Infrastructure team on project activities, what changes are occurring, operational requirements and constraints;
- Manage the remediation of defects and maintenance concerns to the satisfaction of the relevant Infrastructure Manager;
Prepare and facilitate the roll-out of new maintenance practices and processes to MTM Infrastructure as required.
- Degree or qualification applicable to area of expertise or equivalent relevant experience (Substation and/or Overhead)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in rail maintenance and or renewals
- Experience in both contract and self-performed rail maintenance work
- Knowledge of maintenance activity work practises, productivity levels and costs
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff (verbal and written)
- Ability to mediate stakeholder conflicts
- Demonstrated project management skills
- First Aid Level 2
- Level 3.1 Safeworking
- Manual driver’s license
- Knowledge of the MTM MR4 Contract Infrastructure requirements and commercial agreements
Experience working with teams in a unionised environment
Click to submit your application by Thursday 18th August 2022 @ 5pm. Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position. .