At Suncorp Group we work with care to create the right culture and conditions that drive our guiding Purpose – to build futures and protect what matters. To ensure we deliver on that purpose as one of Australia and New Zealand’s most recognised insurance and banking businesses, we’ve made a commitment, built on trust, empowerment, and flexibility – to help our people unlock their full potential and unleash their best and brightest selves.
What you’ll do
The Internship Program is a chance for you to gain experience and build real connections, providing on-the-job experience and the opportunity to develop skills to take into the workforce after graduation. It is a twelve-week accelerated development program designed to give you an insight into future career paths and gain exposure to the corporate world. You’ll get to work with some senior business leaders and receive training that’s a mixture of structured and on-the-job aimed at helping you decide where you’d like to grow.
This paid program runs from November to February each year with a two week break during the Christmas & New Year period. Interns who successfully complete the program may then be offered a graduate role without having to go through another recruitment process. Graduate positions will then commence on completion of study, and in some cases, you may even be offered interim casual or part-time work until you graduate.
Insurance is a core function of Suncorp Group, operating under several mass and niche brands including, but not limited to; AAMI, Suncorp, Shannon’s, GIO and Vero, and together, they share a drive to make the complex simple and bring our customers peace of mind when it matters most.
As an Insurance Intern, you will get you involved in real projects to evolve and innovate the way we do things within Commercial Insurance – by working in our Risk & Compliance team you will build your understanding of this industry and see the meaningful impact you can make for our customers and communities, while watching your own career shine too.
Why join us?
Suncorp employees Chase the Sun
We believe that we will be our best when our workforce is as diverse, talented, and passionate as the communities in which we live and operate. We aspire to be one of the most inclusive places to work in Australia and New Zealand and you can find out more about our approach to diversity and inclusion here.
What we can offer you
- Opportunity to contribute work that will have real positive impact on the business
- Training and support to develop your capabilities & technical skills
- Flexible work arrangements embracing a healthy work/life balance
- Potential to convert into a Graduate position upon the completion of your studies
For the full range of our benefits please visit our website.
What you’ll bring
- A desire to kick start your career in the corporate world and an eagerness to proactively participate in your own career journey
- Your growth mindset and readiness to develop skills and commit to continuous learning – your future here is yours to make!
- High level communication skills, and your ability to build relationships with peers, co-workers, leaders, and customers
- Your ambition, flexibility, resilience, and ability to work collaboratively within diverse teams
- Experience from your unique background and academic discipline/s, together with your motivation to develop the right skills to fit the role
To be eligible for the Suncorp 2022/23 Internship Program you must have:
- Australian or New Zealand permanent residency or citizenship or *hold valid working rights status at the time of application (Technology roles only).
- Currently located in Australia.
- Studying or have studied at an Australian university (or a NZ university for NZ-based roles). Tertiary qualifications are not limited to traditional IT Degrees.
- Completed a minimum of 24 months undergraduate level study or in your Penultimate year.
- Have a minimum ‘pass’ grade.
Please follow this link, for a full list of our eligibility criteria.
Our Recruitment Process:
Apply online today and build your bright future!
Step 1: Online assessment
Step 2: Video Interview
Step 3: Assessment Centre/Interview
Step 4: Verbal Offer
Step 5: Formal Offer (contract)
Step 6: Onboarding (to start Nov 2022)
For enquiries contact the Graduate Talent Team at [email protected] or ask your questions here - Suncorp Group 2023 Graduate & Intern Programs - Graduate programs - Whirlpool Forums
Advertised: 15 Aug 2022 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 01 Sep 2022 AUS Eastern Standard Time