Job descriptionWe’re seeking an experienced Supply Officer to join our Metro Supply Team, supporting our two Brisbane hospitalsl
Remuneration Value: $27.77- $29.17 p/hour + Super + $15,900 NFP Salary Packaging Value + Shift Penalties/Allowances + Discounted Onsite Staff Parking
For generations of Queenslanders, The Wesley Hospital has provided care through life’s journey — from birth into childhood, to adulthood and to end of life. As one of Australia’s iconic and largest private, not-for-profit hospitals, we’re proud of the valued role we play in the Queensland community. Here, more than 800 Visiting Medical Practitioners and 2,000 staff come together to provide care for our community.
We offer comprehensive care across a wide range of acute tertiary-level medical and surgical services with a particular focus on cancer care, cardiac care, women’s and children’s care, and complex surgical care. This includes the busiest robotic surgery program and the first Robotic Surgery Centre of Excellence accredited in Australia.
The Supply Officer will be accountable for proactively identifying stock adjustments and ensuring storage locations are replenished according to agreed levels.
Duties will include, receiving and putting away of goods, distributing goods to their final destination, receipting deliveries, resolving basic stakeholder enquiries relating to supply and operating mechanical and manual handling equipment.
- Ensuring safe handling, storage and distribution of goods at the metro docks
- Receipting deliveries on-system accurately, and identifying discrepancies on orders
- Transferring and storing items correctly, identifying hazardous, temperature sensitive, and urgent deliveries
- Operating mechanical and manual handling equipment in accordance with operator instructions and safe working practices
- Resolve stakeholder enquiries relating to supply, and escalate more complex issues as appropriate
- Ensure stock is rotated according to expiry dates and out of date stock is removed from point of use
You will need:
- 2+ years’ experience working in a supply environment
- Basic customer service experience, including ability to interact with stakeholders and respond to enquiries
- Good attention to detail
- Basic digital and computing skills, including SAP data entry
- Current LF (forklift) License- desirable, not essential
What we offer:
Together with Buderim Private Hospital, St Andrew’s War Memorial Hospital and St Stephens Hospital, we are part of UnitingCare, the largest not-for-profit provider of healthcare and community services in the state, and home to over 17, 000 employees and 9, 000 volunteers.
Our mission is to improve the health of individuals and their families. We differentiate ourselves by living out our values to optimise patient care and experience through committed and inspired leadership and the dedication of our people. We believe in rewarding and recognising our people through:
- Flexible work-life balance opportunities, including family-friendly rostering
- Increase your take-home pay with Not-for-profit salary packaging options: allocate up to $15,900 of your pre-taxable income to everyday expenses
- Extensive career progression opportunities
- Additional paid parental leave, education leave & additional leave purchases
- One-on-one support from pastoral care team & employee assistance programs
- Access to Inspire portal – discounts on hundreds of retailers, travel & accommodation providers
- Hospital admissions discounts
- Discounted health insurance & gym memberships
To apply for this opportunity, please click on the 'Apply' button below to be taken to our online application process.
Please Note: To ensure the health and safety of our people, and the clients, residents, patients and people we serve at Uniting Care Queensland, all staff are required to comply with statutory and Government requirements, such as public health directions, and Uniting Care's vaccination policy requirements, with respect to COVID-19 vaccinations. The successful applicant must be able to meet Uniting Care's mandate of receiving all recommended doses of approved Covid-19 vaccines (including boosters) approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration and the provision of Covid-19 Certificate before commencing employment.
Our approach is simple –everybody is welcome here. At UnitingCare, diversity is at the core of our who we are, our mission and our values. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees no matter their sex, race, culture, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity. We know that when our people feel respected and valued, we empower them to share that within the communities we serve and to provide the very best care. We highly encourage applications from people who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
Selection Criteria Essential: Please be advised it is a requirement for all UnitingCare employees and volunteers to have received both doses of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Contact Person Robert Deans
Contact Number 3232 7396
Contact Email [email protected]
Alternate Contact Person Conor Murphy
Alternate Contact Number (07)3232 6509
Alternate Contact Email [email protected]
Closing Date 14/08/2022