Temporary Part-Time until June 2023
$32.12 per hour plus superannuation
Council is seeking applications from a highly motivated and enthusiastic person to take on the role of Tourism Project Officer on a temporary part-time basis until June 2023.
- Are passionate about the opportunities that exist in rural communities.
- Are a highly motivated self-starter with political nous.
- Have a sound understanding of tourism, especially in a rural context.
- Have experience in events management and delivering complex tourism and arts and culture projects.
- Have experience in implementation, and monitoring of strategic plans in relation to tourism and arts and culture
- Would you like to join a supportive and high performing team who enjoy living and working in rural communities have great people and planning skills?
- Do you have a vision of both the big tourism prospects and the smaller local level opportunities?
...then why not come on board and work in Victoria’s true agricultural heartland and emerging tourist destination, where you will support our communities to showcase their unique features to regional, state and international guests.
In this position, you will be:
- Scoping, planning and delivering high profile tourism and arts projects
- Collaborating on the development of a new Economic Development and Tourism Strategy
- Working with local and regional tourism stakeholders to deliver tourism outcomes within the Buloke Shire
- Actively seeking out and identifying tourism and creative opportunities for the Buloke Shire to capitalise on
You will achieve this by:
- Applying your skills gained from your formal qualifications and/or extensive experience in tourism, event management, creative arts or related discipline
- Using your well-developed project management and strategic planning skills
- Being a key influencer with political nous and a talent for communication and engagement
- Being a well-organised self-starter who has an understanding of rural communities in a tourism context.
HOW TO APPLY
Download the Position Description
Applications marked “Confidential” will be received up until close of business on Monday 12 September 2022 and can be emailed to [email protected] or forwarded to:
You may lodge your application by:
Mail to PO Box 1, Wycheproof VIC 3517;
E-mail to [email protected]