We welcome fearless thinkers.
For over 100 years, Maurice Blackburn has stood up for those who need us most. With courage and compassion, we extend access to justice to countless Australians. We look beyond the immediate challenge to support people in moments that matter across their lives, and continually push for better solutions for our clients. We invest in and empower our people to stand up for what we believe in and go fearlessly forward together.
We work on real cases, achieving important and positive results in real people’s lives, which is why we are one of Australia’s most respected law firms. Maurice Blackburn, experience you can count on.
How will you contribute to ensuring access to justice for all?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Legal Assistant to join our supportive and friendly Road and Work cover team, based in our Craigieburn office on a 7-month fixed-term contract. In this role you will provide quality administrative and legal assistance working alongside a friendly, supportive team.
You will be involved in a fast-paced legal practice supporting and liaising with our clients, answering and managing incoming calls, diary management, file management and providing day-to-day administrative support. You are someone that is keen to grow and develop your skills utilising your strong client service skills and working alongside our team of experienced lawyers and legal assistants.
- You’ll be here to help our clients with your strong customer service and communication skills;
- Provide important updates and share information with our clients;
- Play a key role in our legal team by preparing court documents as requested;
- Arrange and manage appointments with our clients;
- Manage our incoming mail; and
- Prepare bills for clients.
The experience we are looking for
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Previous administrative or receptionist experience is desirable but not essential;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including interpersonal skills;
- Good problem-solving skills;
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and work under pressure;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Ability to work as part of a hardworking team; and
- An understanding of court processes and systems would be highly regarded.
Our People Commitment comes with the following benefits
- Ongoing coaching and career development opportunities delivered by our Learning & Development team
- 22 Weeks Parental leave with your superannuation guaranteed and back-to-work transition policy
- End of Year leave, 1 day first year, 3 days after 2 years
- Comprehensive mental health framework, including wellbeing leave (up to 4 extra days per year) and a $299 reimbursement
- A hybrid flex model with ergonomic reimbursements for your home set up
- Salary Continuance & Life Insurance
- 17.5% Annual Leave Loading
… just to name a few. *T's & C's apply
Our shared values represent what we stand for and guide how we act, with Courage; Compassion; Collaboration; Fairness and Tenacity.
We offer you a safe, supportive and collaborative environment, backed by inclusive leaders and progressive people policies, where you can be your authentic self and thrive. Here we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture, enriched by differences in ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age and family arrangements. We love that you have a life outside of work and we’re happy to support yours. Applications from First Nations People are encouraged.
Are you ready to join us on a journey to extend access to justice to more Australians, in an organisation and role in which every action you take makes a difference? Apply now.
Our Circle Back Initiative partnership means we’re committed to responding to every applicant.