Job no: 492887
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Adelaide, Edwardstown, Mount Gambier, Murray Bridge, Port Pirie
Active is Australia’s largest provider of arboriculture, ecological and green asset management services. We service and advise major cities, governments, and utility companies across Australia, to help keep our communities safe and green.
We are looking for a Vegetation Inspector with a can-do attitude to join the Active team based in South Australia.
This role covers most regions across South Australia, and it’s essential you have the ability to travel to all regional areas of the State and able to live away from home when required. We are flexible as to where this role is based and encourage any suitably qualified candidates from any part of South Australia to apply.
You will be responsible for inspections of spans to determine the state of vegetation within clearance and management zones near power lines. You will need to manage compliance, audit vegetation, and accurately record all relevant information to assist our cutting crews. This is an opportunity to work outdoors, using well-maintained equipment and state of the art technology. You require a certificate III in either horticulture or arboriculture for this role.
A large part of this role will involve working away from home for up to 2 weeks at a time. During these periods you will receive additional compensation in the form of a tax-free Living Away From Home Allowance (LAFHA).
What’s on offer:
- Full time permanent role with job security
- An excellent remuneration package
- Company vehicle, Tablet and phone provided for all work-related purposes
- All PPE, Technology and uniforms provided
- Paid Living Away From Home allowance when applicable
- Continuous training and development to progress your career within Active
- The chance to be an integral part of the team, explore South Australia and see rural untouched parts of the state
What we are looking for:
- Minimum cert III in Horticulture or Arboriculture
- A current and unrestricted drivers’ licence
- Open to travel and frequent working away from home trips
- Industry knowledge of local tree species, tree maintenance and tree removal is desirable
- Attention to detail and the ability to accurately record information
- Technologically savvy with the ability to use tablets, windows and Outlook
- MR/HR Licence and EWP Ticket (not essential but highly desirable)
We are an Australian family owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and green asset consultancy services. Comprising of Active Tree Services, Active Green Services and Aerial Access, we have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
Visit our website to learn more about our people, customers and communities in which we work. Learn about the practical support we provide to many Australia run charities.
To find out more about what it’s like to work at Active read our team member stories at: https://www.activetreeservices.com.au/team-member-stories/
Please note: All shortlisted candidates are required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
How to Apply: -
To be considered for this position, click on the "" button.
Advertised: 05 Jul 2022 Cen. Australia Standard Time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent