Temporary position up to 2 years
Salary: $83,780 to $90,470 per annum, plus 10.5% superannuation and a 9-day fortnight (blended office/work from home arrangements available).
Are you wanting to work in a team of dedicated health and safety professionals? Do you have exceptional communication and negotiation skills and a passion for work health, safety and workplace wellness? This could be the role for you!
Hornsby Shire is located on Sydney's upper north shore, approximately 25 kilometres north of the CBD. Known as the ‘Bushland Shire’, our local government area is characterised by bushland comprising national park, major waterways, natural reserves and rural landscape. The rest of the Shire combines urban, rural and open spaces.
About the role
You will play a pivotal role in Council's Safety and Wellness Services Team who have been tasked with supporting the organisation achieve a healthy and safe workplace. A field and office based role, you will be required to liaise with all Branches/Teams across Council as well as Council contractors.
Duties of the position include;
- Contributing to the effective development, implementation, maintenance and continual improvement of the Work Health Safety Management System (WHSMS)
- Contributing to the effective development, implementation, maintenance and continual improvement of the System and Compliance Auditing program
- Assisting with the identification of work health safety training needs and identification of appropriate training within the organisation
- Supporting Council’s health and well being functions across the organisation
Located at our Thornleigh Depot, you will be required to visit other Council premises as required.
About youThe Work Health Safety Officer role requires an enthusiastic and highly motivated person who has
excellent organisational skills and the ability to plan and prioritise work to meet numerous
deadlines. You will require;
- A strong understanding of work health safety, WHS auditing and legislation
- A commitment to good quality customer service
- Sound negotiation, oral and written communication skills, as is the ability to effectively communicate with all levels within Council as well as external providers
In exchange for your skills and experience, we offer a positive team environment and an opportunity to work in an organisation committed to WHS.
If you are dynamic and passionate about work health & safety and have a strong understanding of WHS principles and legislation, then this may be the role for you!
Please note you must be double vaccinated to work in this position and to attend an interview.
For further information please telephone Amanda MacDonald, Safety and Wellness Services Manager, on 9847 4853 or Louise Byrne, WHS Adviser on 9847 4874
Closing date: 10 August 2022 at 11.30pm